Gransnet forums

News & politics

For Remainers Only

(356 Posts)
Barmeyoldbat Tue 22-Oct-19 10:13:24

In response to the Leavers having a topic all to them themselves, I am starting one for the Remainers. So feel free to vent your delight in how we are doing. to stop this mess. So Remainers only please others have your own site.

lemongrove Wed 30-Oct-19 09:24:11

The DUP cannot keep holding Parliament to ransom, so much better that the government won’t need them after the GE.They are playing too many NI politics games and can’t agree with other NI. Parties.
Whichever way the GE goes.

Ginny42 Wed 30-Oct-19 09:17:22

And the DUP had all that public money from TM for their support. That's all water under the bridge now.

GracesGranMK3 Wed 30-Oct-19 08:36:46

I've just set up an Election Games thread you might like to play with.

Labaik Tue 29-Oct-19 23:24:15

Yes; but he's still lost the support of the DUP, hasn't he....

GracesGranMK3 Tue 29-Oct-19 22:26:12

What has that got to do with the "remainders only" thread. Oh yes, they appear to have lost 11 completely. Just a little bit pyrrhic for them I would have thought.

lemongrove Tue 29-Oct-19 21:35:28

Ten Conservative ‘rebels’ back in the fold.

lemongrove Tue 29-Oct-19 21:34:45

GE on now for Dec 12th as the government wanted (just got to get through the Lords.)
No 16 year olds or EU nationals will be voting in it.

varian Tue 29-Oct-19 20:20:30

Not surprising when most folk want to stop brexit.

GracesGranMK3 Tue 29-Oct-19 15:48:39

Interesting WW. Also interesting is the result of the only poll that asked people's opinion "if 'Brexit' had not gone through". Labour were one point ahead.

GracesGranMK3 Tue 29-Oct-19 15:45:58

GGMK3 As the Government is so “bad” you think the opposition parties would be clamouring for a GE, but no they just keep coming up with lame excuses not to hold one?

Just heard some talking about ordinary, non-Brexit politics and it was quite refreshing. I do not feel "tribal" GG13 so I can't say I'm bothered about what the opposition parties are doing or not doing. Once a GE is underway I shall listen and make up my mind. However, in the back of it will be the complete pig's ear the Tories have made both of government and of everything to do with the EU including the original referendum.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 29-Oct-19 15:27:16

Sir John Curtis has made a surprising prediction. That there will be more than 100 MPs that do not belong to either Tory or labour.

If that is the case then Johnson must get a substantial majority or Brexit is stymied .

Whitewavemark2 Tue 29-Oct-19 15:17:13

This

Mike Buckley
@mdbuckley

So this week Johnson has:

✅Melted down hundreds of thousands of 31 Oct 50p coins
✅Given up £7bn windfall from European Investment Bank
✅Spent £2bn on needless No Deal preparations
✅Spent £100 million on 31 October Get Ready ads
✅Failed to leave EU

Opal Tue 29-Oct-19 15:10:42

I can assure you growstuff, I am not a snowflake. My friends would find it very funny if you mentioned my name and "snowflake" in the same sentence, it's so far from the truth. Neither have I ever called remainers "vile and aggressive", I don't think they are either. They just don't agree with my opinion on Brexit, and that's fine.

GracesGranMK3 Tue 29-Oct-19 13:19:36

So it still may or may not happen ?

GracesGranMK3 Tue 29-Oct-19 13:19:04

And if they try to make changes the Tories may or may not pull the Bill.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 29-Oct-19 10:38:29

MaizieD the opposition may or may not agree to an election later on today.

MaizieD Tue 29-Oct-19 10:37:02

GG13

The opposition parties just wanted Johnson to twist in the wind for a bit longer. I see he's not doing himself any favours with the BP lot... A split vote will go down very nicely, thank you.

I don't know if you've noticed it but the opposition seem to be more in favour of a GE now that our exit has been deferred for a few more months.

MaizieD Tue 29-Oct-19 10:33:32

Such a pity those MPs don't collapse their government, then, GGMK". Why keep supporting such a worthless and ineffective PM?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 29-Oct-19 10:32:33

GGMK3 As the Government is so “bad” you think the opposition parties would be clamouring for a GE, but no
they just keep coming up with lame excuses not to hold one?

GracesGranMK3 Tue 29-Oct-19 10:27:48

Very interesting to hear a Conservative MP say that he believes, with others in his party that "a Vote Leave Campaign clique has taken over the party and has run the party like a campaign instead of a government and that up until and including the decision on Prorogation the decisions all went wrong".

If this is the influence they have on our country heaven help us as their fingers in far too many pies to give us healthy government.

GracesGranMK3 Tue 29-Oct-19 10:02:19

Brexit is likely to be bad for yours and other cult members. Tell me of one cult were the members were not the ones who paid?

Sussexborn Tue 29-Oct-19 09:59:29

Must be incredibly frustrating for all the superior beings having to put up with all the plebs and their ignorant opinions! You do realise that frustration and anger are bad for your health?

Pantglas2 Tue 29-Oct-19 09:57:21

I’ll borrow your phrase ‘Oh dear’ MaizieD!

I seriously do enjoy these debates and see them as a learning experience, finding out about how different opinions are formed and I like to throw my tuppence worth in and see who thinks I’m on the right or wrong track. I’m happy to have a difference of opinion with anyone without getting huffy, as I’ve said to you before.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 29-Oct-19 09:52:23

As I said Brexit has become a cult

MaizieD Tue 29-Oct-19 09:47:17

Sod it, then, pantglas. I was only trying to be helpful.