Gransnet forums

News & politics

Considering voting Tory?

(391 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 10:05:33

If you want our NHS to be ended and replaced by a private health scheme then this is where your vote should go.

The NHS is for sale if the Tories win. You won't take it from me? Take it from former Tory Prime Minister John Major.

"The NHS would be as safe as a pet hamster in the presence of a hungry python if Boris Johnson, Michael Gove & Iain Duncan-Smith rose to power following Brexit."

GracesGranMK3 Tue 17-Dec-19 09:11:23

These people have no morals inkcog. The gloating and sniping will continue for as long as GNHQ let them.

Grany Tue 17-Dec-19 09:18:11

Tom London
@TomLondon6
19m
So, the world’s leading scientists issue a stark warning that very urgent steps are required by governments or the climate crisis will be irreversible

Labour puts this at the heart of their manifesto

Tories basically ignore it

Our useless bloody media basically ignore it too

Grany Tue 17-Dec-19 09:26:39

Youssef El-Gingihy
@ElGingihy
16 Dec
As a GP, I am appalled that my 87 year old father & retired Nhs psychiatrist has been waiting to be clerked in A&E following stabilisation in resuscitation for over 4 hours and it’s gone midnight. You can take your landslide & shove it where the sun don’t shine!

growstuff Tue 17-Dec-19 09:31:41

After Johnson's latest attempt at being a hard man, the pound and the FTSE have fallen. Hang on tight, folks!

inkcog Tue 17-Dec-19 09:43:11

GG MK3, Yes you are quite correct but why lower yourself to join in.

It's absolutely horrible. All the smugness.

eazybee Tue 17-Dec-19 09:44:49

Yes, I wondered where Whitewave, Maizie and some other most vocal posters have gone.
One has changed the username and is back, but the rest?

Grany Tue 17-Dec-19 09:47:32

Catherine love.
@c_love888
999 staff ‘in tears’ with 80 jobs 'at risk' as private firm wins contract

www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-ambulance-service-staff-16754259.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Grany Tue 17-Dec-19 09:51:15

john JC4PM Outrider #VoteLabour

I really don't believe the results of the Election. Sorry i just don't. I truly believe, that after
@bbclaurak
publicly stated she had access to the postal votes, then anyone could have had access. People are living in poverty and dying on the streets and the TORIES won 80 seats!

eazybee Tue 17-Dec-19 10:10:53

As a doctor I have to speak out: Johnson has contributed to thousands of deaths
The prime minister’s neglect of the NHS has resulted in too many tragedies. If he were a doctor, he would be struck off

He has been Prime Minister for four months
I would be worried if you were my doctor.

Grany Tue 17-Dec-19 10:20:26

Well he and his party have been in government the Tories for ten years so saw the massive underfunding of our NHS and in Queen speech Johnson wants to change election law to stay in for ten years

In loads of academy schools tax payers have to fund them and council funding have been cut.

Our NHS will be sold off by these vile Tories.

JenniferEccles Tue 17-Dec-19 14:54:21

Is this stupid lie STILL doing the rounds?

The NHS is not being sold to Donald Trump!

That idiotic lie was a result of Corbyn’s desperation towards the end of the election campaign when it was obvious to most of us that Labour thankfully had no chance of winning.

GagaJo Tue 17-Dec-19 15:02:46

JenniferEccles, really? But the UK plasma bank was sold to Bain Capital for 230m in 2013. They then sold it to the Chinese for 820m.

THAT was a part of the NHS. Sold to the US.

How is the selling off of the NHS a lie?

GagaJo Tue 17-Dec-19 15:03:20

The selling off. Grr. Typo

GagaJo Tue 17-Dec-19 15:04:03

Although the LOSS of 590m in profit to the UK in itself is shocking. NO WONDER the Tories have got us so far in debt.

JenniferEccles Tue 17-Dec-19 15:06:07

You don’t believe the results of the election Grany?

I KNEW someone would say that at some point!

Why not campaign for a second election then in the same way as some wanted another referendum as the result didn’t suit them?