Gransnet forums

News & politics

Unless the Conservatives make a pact with the Brexit party ....

(30 Posts)
JenniferEccles Mon 04-Nov-19 13:01:01

I do share your concern Poppyred I really do, but we should be reassured that the Conservatives are way ahead of Labour and certainly the Lib Dems in recent opinion polls. Part of me though wishes Boris would do a deal with Farage, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Yes of course polls can be wrong and we still have a few weeks to go, but honestly, can you imagine anyone in their right mind voting for Corbyn's Marxist regime ?

Just a quick look at their proposals tells us everything we need to know about what terrible damage they would inflict on this country if, perish the thought, they were to get into no.10

Obviously some will vote Labour (and Heaven knows there are some on GN who seem to start a dozen threads a day extolling Labour's 'virtues') but I honestly think the majority of voters are sensible enough to realise just what is at stake here.

lemongrove Mon 04-Nov-19 12:50:47

Whatever happens, we need a GE we cannot go on this way.

lemongrove Mon 04-Nov-19 12:49:03

Labour would form a government with the SNP ( just as bad if not worse!)
However, the Conservatives can’t really do a deal with the BP, I think they will do better on their own.
If Leave Labour voters vote for the BP then all well and good, it will split the Labour vote.
Conservative Remain voters will either vote for their party or LibDem and Conservative Leave voters will hopefully still vote for their own party.Remain Labour supporters will vote for their own party or the LibDems.
Impossible to call, isn’t it?

suzied Mon 04-Nov-19 12:42:34

sounds good to me

Poppyred Mon 04-Nov-19 12:33:13

There will be no chance of us getting out of the E.U.... and Labour or Libs Dems will rule this country..... how very depressing and soul destroying. We can all say goodbye to this beautiful country as we know it....