Gransnet forums

News & politics

Ghislaine Maxwell

(30 Posts)
TerriBull Thu 21-Nov-19 10:22:07

It seems she acted as some sort of illicit procurer of the young women/girls who were abused, very questionable "pimp" like behaviour. Surely she should also be called to account for her culpability in the whole Epstein affair.

Dee1012 Thu 21-Nov-19 10:06:59

MawB, I've been wondering the same!
I read somewhere about her trawling Central park looking for young girls....

MawB Thu 21-Nov-19 09:59:12

Funny that merlot
I had a French friend, a former teaching colleague, sadly dead now, who very definitely pronounced her name “Jheez-laine” I can’t read it any other way.

merlotgran Thu 21-Nov-19 09:44:46

It's only since the PA interview that I realised her name is pronounced Gurlaine and not Jizlaine.

As I posted on another thread....Maybe Lord Lucan has a new live in carer?

MawB Thu 21-Nov-19 09:30:43

I have said elsewhere that I dislike that picture of PA and VR with Maxwell smirking in the background.
Surely it is time her part in all of this was investigated?
Effectively Epstein’s “Madam” her role cannot have been legal especially given the age of the girls she procured for him?
Many many years ago I catered a party for Carl Davis and Jean Boht who lived next door to Cynthia Payne’s “establishment” in Streatham. Remember the bishops, cabinet ministers, the luncheon vouchers? She was apparently the nicest neighbour you could have and there was never any noise or disturbance for the leafy suburban street.
But Cynthia Payne served her time in prison.
No wonder Maxwell has gone to ground.