Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tory Racism

(113 Posts)
GagaJo Sun 01-Dec-19 10:55:37

Boris won't apologise. Will he be slated I wonder? Doubtful.

www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/11/boris-johnson-refuses-apologise-racist-burka-comments-191129101017762.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1V_MswBTQh7KgRLDDc2mnb2v5fO1yZEETA_GSsSwFjzht0z7IQjEMPNoM

graykat Sun 01-Dec-19 13:34:37

So a liar is best for the UK, lemongrove?

lemongrove Sun 01-Dec-19 13:42:37

Am not at all sure that nice Grandpa Corbyn is not a liar....he denies links with all sorts of people that are later proved to be true and just the other day was trying to convince voters that a vote for Johnson would mean them paying for their own cancer treatment and that he had proof ( no he hasn’t) that it would happen.

lemongrove Sun 01-Dec-19 13:44:44

All politicians tell lies or are ‘economical with the truth’ as they say.
I have to vote for a PM that will do his best to keep the UK safe.
I don’t trust Corbyn on that one inch.

jura2 Sun 01-Dec-19 13:50:23

The UK will be a lot less safe once the French, and the EU, will stop protecting our borders from across the water- and we are no longer part of the EU terrorist and other intelligence network- that is 100% sure.

As for being 'economical with the truth' - well Johnson is way beyond that, out and out massive lie, after lie, after lie. And you still trust him - and many of us cannot fathom why.

Are you naïve in the extreme, or ??? I don't know.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 01-Dec-19 13:52:09

Well it seems to me that someone whose moral compass Is firmly in tact will understand the difference between a proven liar and someone who has never been shown to lie.

lemongrove Sun 01-Dec-19 14:13:49

.....you mean not often found out WWM2 as Corbyn answers in a woolly vague way when asked about something he would rather not answer as in ‘ I may or may not have been there, I can’t remember’ etc.
In any case, the thought of him being PM is just too awful.

lemongrove Sun 01-Dec-19 14:15:01

Your personal insults mean nothing to me WWM2 it just shows you have nothing worthwhile to say on the matter.

lemongrove Sun 01-Dec-19 14:16:08

The Labour heartlands in the North are very much thinking the same as me on Corbyn.

jura2 Sun 01-Dec-19 14:27:27

well, I'll give it to you lemon- you never give up- even when it maybe better, for all concerned ...

graykat Sun 01-Dec-19 15:22:37

I am just amazed at how gullible some people are. But when you reflect that the large majority of the press and media is in the hands of the ultra right, I suppose it's inevitable. They have been banging the anti-EU drum for forty years. And now they have Russian and US billionaires behind them, drooling at the thought of the trillions they'll make when workers'rights are decimated and all regulations are scrapped. I would have hoped, though, that just one glance at the supporters of Leave might have triggered some suspicion in the minds of the normally sensible Brits. Would you trust Nigel Farage over Caroline Lucas? Johnson over Keir Starmer? I don't mention Corbyn because the press of Murdoch and Harmsworth have rubbished his reputation for too long.

lemongrove Sun 01-Dec-19 15:31:17

jura2 I can say the same for you on the subject of Brexit
[although varian takes first place for that.]

Whitewavemark2 Sun 01-Dec-19 15:33:19

Some on here even believe that Corbyn is a liar? I wonder what newspaper they read? Guaranteed a billionaire owns it.

lemongrove Sun 01-Dec-19 15:34:14

grayKat it constantly amazes me that posters who happen to hold different views to others are called 'gullible' [and worse!]
on GN....it was ever thus I suppose.hmm

jura2 Sun 01-Dec-19 16:00:18

not at all, it is not the difference of views or opinions that makes someone gullible. It is when someone swallows line, hook and sinker - massive lies, and refuses to acknowledge that they are that, LIES.

jura2 Sun 01-Dec-19 16:02:51

I mean, do you actually believe that there will be 40 new hospitals, and 50000 new nurses, and that huge swaves of the NHS won't be sold in exchange for deals, or the reduction of bio safety and welfare to open our shores to USA beef cattle industry (etc, etc- the list is almost endless).

If you do- then it does make you gullible- nothing to do with having a 'different view'.

JenniferEccles Sun 01-Dec-19 16:25:20

This letterboxes and bank robbers quote has just been taken in isolation.

If any of you cared to read the whole piece Boris wrote for the newspaper you will see that in that article he actually defended the right of people to wear whatever they wanted.

The letterboxes comment was kind of tongue in cheek.

If you want to discuss racism then look no further than Labour.

GracesGranMK3 Sun 01-Dec-19 16:25:44

It was interesting that the other thread was deleted just as I put on examples of right-wing racism. Overall I think it was right but I will repeat the examples. This was the first

Did anyone see the programme a week or so ago, Question Time of Election Debate, letter box woman in the audience ranging and wanting Boris to appologse for being racist, she chooses to wear this black thing etc. Actually their religion tells women to avert their eyes from men and not draw attention to themselves. So why was letterbox woman shouting her mouth off if she was that religious. One reason only, she wears this ridicules outfit to stick two fingers up at us, and then shout islamaphobia.

You might expect muslims, foreigners etc. to play the race card, what baffles me is why stupid liberal British idiots pander to them. Why should us native British play second fiddle to immigrants, be forced by hate laws to watch what we say. We should come first and they should be damned grateful we have taken them into our country and not critisise there is always a boat or plane back to their homeland if they don't like it. But I'm not supposed to say that am I?

What the Tory party and Brexit Party, which these people profess to support or belong to, doing about such posts.

GracesGranMK3 Sun 01-Dec-19 16:26:52

Another previously posted:

I think that every point of entry to the UK & all public buildings should display this poster for the benefit of immigrants & British citizens who can't prove British citizenship going back a minimum of six generations.

bit.ly/33Eq34K

GracesGranMK3 Sun 01-Dec-19 16:29:56

This letterboxes and bank robbers quote has just been taken in isolation.

Whether or not it was taken in isolation JenniferEccles you can see above the effect it had and I would suggest was intended to attract the Tory/Brexit group who approve of such talk.

lemongrove Sun 01-Dec-19 16:35:41

I don’t know where you got that post from GGM3 certainly not from anyone here on GN.
No doubt we could all trawl the net for fascist and antisemitic
Type posts then put them on here.....but it would be much better if we didn’t!
Your thread on antisemitism wasn’t deleted because of your examples of right wing chuntering, but because the GN posts were getting worse on the anti-semitic front.....am glad it’s gone.

growstuff Sun 01-Dec-19 16:59:20

I find this tread offensive!!! People are expressing views, with which I disagree. Can it be deleted? hmm

growstuff Sun 01-Dec-19 17:00:50

Discussing threads which have been deleted are against GN rules lemongrove. Surely you know that! It's such a shame that some people can't cope with grown up talk!

growstuff Sun 01-Dec-19 17:02:46

How dare you mention the word "Muslim" *Gracesgran! It's offensive and will have the snowflakes shaking their pearls. wink

growstuff Sun 01-Dec-19 17:03:52

No, it wasn't tongue in cheek JenniferEccles. It was offensive and Johnson knew damn well it would cause offence.

growstuff Sun 01-Dec-19 17:07:52

Many years ago, when my daughter was at primary school, she had a reading comprehension app, designed to teach the difference between opinions and facts. I think (that's an opinion btw) that some posters could do with borrowing the app.