Gransnet forums

News & politics

Victoria Roberts

(87 Posts)
mrsmopp Tue 03-Dec-19 11:11:26

Watched the programmer about Victoria’s side of her story.
She has been very brave giving her version of events and very plausible. She came across more convincing than PA.
Where will it all end?

Chestnut Thu 05-Dec-19 09:37:06

Oldwoman70 - she said that her 'interview' with JE and GM involved sexual activity and she just let them take control of her from that moment. Because of her previous abuse it seemed normal to her. I really don't know what to think. Her father said in his interview 'she is a very good actress'.

Anniebach Thu 05-Dec-19 09:55:38

She has never said who abused her when she was 7, surely if
speaking out about sexual abuse say all.

Sparklefizz Thu 05-Dec-19 10:53:06

I agree Annie

maddyone Thu 05-Dec-19 11:00:21

Why has she only complained about this now?
I don’t particularly like Prince Andrew, he comes across as entitled, self important, and arrogant, but I still wonder why she’s only started complaining these last few weeks. Is she after money? I suspect that’s the nub of it.

Anniebach Thu 05-Dec-19 11:06:32

Maddy I have asked the same. She said she had many photographs yet only the one with Andrew has been produced publicly. And why, if her experience of sex with him was so awful why did she keep it for all those years, to show people she had met a royal ?

She said she asked Epstein to take that photograph with her camera.

She is trying to sue Ms Maxwell and the Epstein estate.

Sparklefizz Thu 05-Dec-19 11:07:57

I suspect her father was saying "she's a very good actress" to excuse himself for not noticing/realising what was going on when she was young..... but I am sure my parents would have noticed I was whizzing about all over the world in a private jet aged 17.

Like Annie, my father was very strict. I still had to be in by 10.30pm the night before I got married!!!

Jabberwok Thu 05-Dec-19 12:09:04

Mine certainly would!! I too have little time for P.A. and he certainly behaved foolishly and arrogantly. Keeping up the friendship with J.E after his first conviction showed a complete lack of judgement and was cavalier behavior on a grand scale,but I'm not sure that he was wilfully wicked! After all this girl was 17, her father seemed to be perfectly happy with his daughters life style,the photos show relaxed smiling faces,and she was clearly paid handsomely. Something doesn't quite ring true here! I suspect our old friend Money is in the driving seat!

Anniebach Thu 05-Dec-19 12:23:20

And when she chose to leave Epstein paid for her to qualify as a masseur in Thailand

In her interview she said Epstein had an illness, she wants to sue Ms Maxwell and the photograph includes Ms Maxwell.

In her tv interview she asked the British people to support her,
what does she expect us to do ? Storm Buck House.

No excuse for Andrew continuing his friendship with Epstein
after he had served a prison sentence.

Jabberwok Thu 05-Dec-19 12:56:21

Oh yes Annie, that was very 'silly' to put it mildly! I can't imagine why he would have wanted to associate with someone who had that sort of conviction! but it still doesn't make him wicked; Stupid, insensitive, arrogant certainly, but not totally bad. Tbh, I'm not sure that he's bright enough!!!!!!

patriciageegee Thu 05-Dec-19 12:57:37

When I was 17 I was employed by a man who had other business interests than the printing house where I worked. One day he approached me and asked if I'd like to work in his 'beauty salon & sauna' and to call in and have a look. I did call in. There he was with his senior manager both in little shortie bath robes with two, very glamorous, also 17 year old girls, draped all over them. It was like a very bad scene from the Benny Hill show! I was streetwise and aware of my own self worth and thought "no 'effin way am I getting involved with this bunch of pervs'. The thought of it made me feel sick. But what if I was a vulnerable, already abused child who felt utterly worthless?

Jabberwok Thu 05-Dec-19 14:31:42

In the P.A case, the woman's father actually encouraged his very young daughter to associate with a situation that surely must have rung a few warning bells ?!! Presumably as he was ok with what was being proposed, daughter would have been too!