Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Andrew’s alibi....

(62 Posts)
BluebellGran Tue 03-Dec-19 20:12:33

I have just watched the Panorama programme featuring Virginia Roberts, about Epstein et al. Surely if Prince Andrew was attending a birthday party, the other parents and children who were also there would have come forward to uphold his alibi? Also I believe that the records kept by his security personal would confirm where he was on that night? Or am I stupid?

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 17:14:47

Ellen perhaps too many nights ?

Song doubt he knows how Epstein made his money, can’t imagine Epstein giving this info to anyone , far too cunning.

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 17:20:33

He should clear off with that awful toe sucking woman. It makes me furious that he's ruined the royal family.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 17:52:30

He hasn’t ruined the royal family. Surely a family can’t be blamed for the actions of one family member.

They survived Diana and many were attacking the queen then .

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 18:22:37

Well, you are entitled to your own opinion, and that's fine. I think they CAN be blamed. The queen, and her dysfunctional family, clearly condones what he's done/doing: by going to church (?!) with him publicly. (also, for example: 4days visiting with convicted paedo; not helping police inquiries with all the info he must have). That awful interview. They can survive a ((tragic)) car crash, yes, I don't think the monarchy can survive being linked to people who traffick children for sex. I feel so sorry for those girls - they will never get justice. When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die... They always win. But I know of many stalwart monarchists who have turned their backs on that royal shower now.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 18:26:41

What a sin/crime, going to Church

mumofmadboys Wed 04-Dec-19 18:39:04

Churches are for people who have sinned. That's the whole point.

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 18:46:40

In the bible it says God does not forgive you unless you repent of your sins first. But, anyway, I meant that if I was his mother I would tell him to go to the police with everything he can tell them, it's just not right to hide away. Where is his moral compass?

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 18:47:38

Where is her moral compass?, I meant

Chestnut Wed 04-Dec-19 18:49:55

As for the sweating, must ask our friend who served in the Falklands with him.
No need to bother, Dr Hilary has confirmed it's extremely rare and none of the causes apply to him. It's just not possible. Also, numerous pictures of him sweating at that time. I think we can conclude he's a fool for even bringing it up.

mumofmadboys Wed 04-Dec-19 19:08:26

I don't understand what you are saying ananimous. Are you saying the Queen shouldn't go to church accompanied by PA?

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 19:10:51

ananimous you know what the queen has said to her son ?

A mother to a 60 year old son - ‘I insist you confess all to the police ‘.

60 year old son to mother - ‘I will Mother, don’t be cross with me’.

Sparklefizz Wed 04-Dec-19 19:12:13

One of the things that liars do, apparently (I researched this when I was married to one) is waffle about a number of minor details in order to seem honest and open, but in actual fact avoiding the main issues/questions.

So PA waffled over the sweating, and over the Pizza Party and going to Woking, and went into great detail.

He reminded me of Bill Clinton who was unable to say Monica Lewinsky's name so he said "I did not have intercourse with that woman" - thereby also nitpicking between "intercourse" and "oral sex".

And PA would only say that he had "no recollection" about almost everyone and everything.

What I do wonder about is .... if he was lying all the way through that interview, why not condemn Epstein and his friendship with him, even if he didn't really feel it? If he is lying about other things, why then defend his friendship and try to justify it by saying he "learnt a number of things" (I bet he did!) and not come out and say he deeply regretted ever knowing the man! Why not get lie and get himself off the hook?

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 19:13:36

I don't understand why you don't understand.

Elegran Wed 04-Dec-19 19:14:47

He is a grown man, and not even a young one. Must his mother be held guilty for his sins, even those which so far are only accusations that have not been proved against him? How old must we be before we are responsible for our own morals or lack of them?

Is it ALWAYS up to mothers to tell their adult children what to do? When people post to gransnet about how their children are estranged because they had interfered in their lives, most gransnetters reply that they are not surprised.

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 19:20:49

You do not mention the children at all. Ignore all the fishy things that do not add up, and ignore his merry wave from paedo Epsteins door, if you will, but, the queen is making sure he is shielded, and protected. That interview though - what a car smash that was.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 19:24:42

How is the queen making sure he is shielded and protected ?

Shielded and protected from who/what ?

merlotgran Wed 04-Dec-19 19:48:43

Far from shielding and protecting him, she's kicked him into touch as far as his royal profile is concerned.

I doubt the Queen will include him in public appearances like the Sandringham church parade for a very long time and it will be interesting to see who's aboard the horse going spare in next year's Trooping the Colour.

Elegran Wed 04-Dec-19 19:54:49

No-one is ignoring the crime, but several people are wondering just how you work out that the queen is to blame - just HOW is she making sure that he is shielded? She has no influence on the due process of law. NO-ONE is above the law, and her own moral compass is strong enough for her to agree with that. If there is evidence against him he will have to face the music - and do remember that there must be corroborating evidence as well as the accusations that the girls are bringing. A crime MUST be proved by due process of law, not by a witch-hunt, or it would become that NO-ONE is safe from a mercenary blackmailing or malicious accusation with no truth in it.

He no longer takes part in royal duties, which demonstrates how his mother feels about his involvement with the whole scandal, whether or not he is guilty of any actual sexual involvement with the girls. He has parted company with charitable organisations and so on.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 20:02:49

There has been no criminal charges yet. I think the queen has done all that be expected of her.

Easy to forget she is a mother too.

Sussexborn Wed 04-Dec-19 20:04:50

I remember DD1 (about 8) suddenly asking if I would still love DS if he was a murderer! I told her that I would be horrified and ashamed but I would still love him! I dare say HM feels much the same.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 20:09:20

I agree Sussexborn I remember the mother of a mass murderer being asked why did she travel from Scotland to a prison in England every month to see him. . Such sadness on her face and in her voice , she said - ‘he is my son’.

Tooting29 Wed 04-Dec-19 20:43:34

Just another white posh bloke with his brains in his d☆☆k and an overarching sense of entitlement. Can't be doing with him.

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 21:45:05

That TV interview was a crime... against acting wink

Yehbutnobut Wed 04-Dec-19 22:37:44

She was underage as an US National at 17.

Yehbutnobut Wed 04-Dec-19 22:39:01

And underage at 17 to be in a nightclub.