Gransnet forums

News & politics

According to a fb friend - Hate won!

(149 Posts)
kittylester Fri 13-Dec-19 09:01:40

Does anyone really believe that? That the majority of people hate the rest.

Why not believe that the swathes of people who voted Tory did so with the best of intentions and with hope in their hearts for the whole country.

In my view the hate was emanating from her.

Callistemon Fri 13-Dec-19 10:01:37

Gagajo are you going to find it difficult living in China?

maddyone Fri 13-Dec-19 10:08:16

My DH knew her and her brother as children Callistemon, he wasn’t impressed by them.

Urmstongran Fri 13-Dec-19 10:09:19

kitty .... Saint Gagajo thinks she is in the minority regards empathy and caring. She isn’t!

endlessstrife Fri 13-Dec-19 10:12:31

I don’t want to be governed by a group of people in another country, in the same way, when my children were at school, I wouldn’t have wanted the Head of another school being in charge! It was bad enough having school governors in charge instead of the teachers in one of the primary schools. It has nothing to do with race, colour, disability, ( my husband is disabled ), or any other affliction. I am a Christian, I just want the best. The Bible does say though, that towards the end, we’ll be under one world government. So there’s still hope for any remainers! Boris may turn out to be no good, but let’s face it, they’re all the same, at least Boris is open about it. I personally think he’ll be good for us. By the way, I’m working class!

freyja Fri 13-Dec-19 10:17:05

Yes, we did lose very heavily last night and whilst a large number of us voted for the real issues of poverty , our NHS, schools and our children's future we were horrified and shocked at the results. We did look at the bigger picture and the consequences of Brexit and didn't like what we saw so we are now mourning for bleak future our children and grandchildren face. We did our best but it wasn't enough.

Just listening to the comments on this forum makes me think that the lunatics have taken over the asylum. The worst in us has spoken and there is nothing anyone can do about it anymore. So stop gloating and being nasty, make the Tory party worthy of your precious vote and prove us wrong. This country is at the mercy of Boris Johnston and you who voted for the Tories are now on your own as there is no one to stop him doing what ever takes his fancy.

So you win, congratulations. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, as the saying goes ' the devil is in the detail'. So we will see if you got what you voted for because there is no turning back.

kittylester Fri 13-Dec-19 10:17:17

gagajo, stop digging!

Urmstongran Fri 13-Dec-19 10:20:35

I’m not gloating - I’m just happy!
?

threexnanny Fri 13-Dec-19 10:22:18

I think people voted for the lesser of two evils.

AllTheLs Fri 13-Dec-19 10:23:09

So stop gloating and being nasty

Well, yes, I admit to gloating, especially after all the gloating from Remainers over the summer, when their MPs stopped Brexit.

But nasty? I think that ball's firmly in the Remainers' court.

sunseeker Fri 13-Dec-19 10:24:34

It amazes me how many GNs have crystal balls or ability to see into the future. They KNOW the NHS will be sold off (despite constant denials by Boris and Trump saying he doesn't want it), they KNOW leaving the EU will be a disaster etc.etc.etc.

There was a phone in on local radio this morning and, again, we had the argument from a Labour supporter that those who voted Conservative "didn't understand the implications" and "were misled by the media"

It seems some Labour supporters will not accept that people are capable of making up their own minds and forming their own opinions and just because it is different from the ones they hold themselves doesn't make them wrong or stupid.

Blondiescot Fri 13-Dec-19 10:25:15

There's certainly no "United" Kingdom now as far as politics is concerned. The map shows that very clearly indeed...

Oldwoman70 Fri 13-Dec-19 10:27:34

I think gagjo will enjoy living in China - after all it is a Communist state. The rest of us will happily remain in UK where we are free to vote for whoever we please

Oldwoman70 Fri 13-Dec-19 10:29:03

Blondiescot The map is mostly blue!

BlueBelle Fri 13-Dec-19 10:31:59

Unfortunately democracy is dead in the U.K. ...well in the little headless England it is
I m ashamed of my country now I know we have at least five years of racism, hatred, division, battling homelessness the death of the NHS and the oh so ‘special’ friendship with US and that populist perhaps more than 5 years and no I won’t suck it up, you lost, bah hoo I will continue to have no understanding of people who want to keep England white have limited immigration lose 70 years of peace and friendship with Europe ‘to be great again’ what a laugh our greatness happened because we used the riches of others
We are not Great we are a tiny heavily Right with Far right influences country that makes me cry and for those that can’t see the awfulness we are about to walk into I m sorry for you there’s none so blind as those that don’t want to see
My advice to my kids and grandkids get out as fast as you can I m stuck but you don’t have to be

endlessstrife Fri 13-Dec-19 10:32:38

freyga, there is no one to stop him doing whatever takes his fancy, surely this could be said of anyone who won!

BlueBelle Fri 13-Dec-19 10:34:01

It amazes me how many GNs have crystal balls or ability to see into the future. They KNOW the NHS will be sold off (despite constant denials by Boris and Trump saying he doesn't want it), they KNOW leaving the EU will be a disaster etc.etc.etc.

I suppose it couldn’t be anything to do with them both being the biggest liars the world have ever known could it ?

endlessstrife Fri 13-Dec-19 10:38:02

BlueBelle, racism,hatred, division, homelessness, the death of the NHS, have been around for decades, all the time we’ve been in the EU, ( common market ), so perhaps coming out will change all that.

TerriBull Fri 13-Dec-19 10:41:41

There was a palpable fear among the Jewish community pending a Labour victory which I personally hope has been assuaged somewhat with this result, I think it would be nothing short of a tragedy to have the Jewish community driven out of our country. That along with Labour's grandiose spending plans were the two factors that put me off the Labour party not Brexit.

I think Andrew Marr said something today that resonated "Twitter and the London bubble don't represent the country as a whole"

Lily Allen is a complete moron, last time the Tories got in she said something along the lines of I must go and live in a country that doesn't have a fascist government, if only! she's still here tweeting utter bilge. A shame that posh school of hers didn't teach her what it's actually like to live a under a fascist regime. We were in Argentina a few years ago speaking to an Argentinian who had family members disappear, snatched off the street, never to be seen again, a period of time which he told us was utter hell for those people.

blondenana Fri 13-Dec-19 10:48:01

freyja totally agree with you,and the foxhunting will continue and the badger cull, and more food banks, and more homeless and more people on trolleys in hospital,and it goes on and on

Teetime Fri 13-Dec-19 10:49:03

I'm with you kittylester. Lets just get on with life now and do whatever we can in each of lives to make things better. Happy Christmas. tchsmile

Jane43 Fri 13-Dec-19 10:51:30

Lily Allen needs to get off her over-privileged soap box and stop patronising people she knows nothing about. Very annoying young woman.

notanan2 Fri 13-Dec-19 11:10:33

Ive seen a lot of hate from Labour voters.

I voted against that hate.

Blondiescot Fri 13-Dec-19 11:15:07

Oldwoman70 - not north of the border or in Northern Ireland it isn't! That's what I am talking about - whatever your politics, it is now abundantly clear that Scotland and NI feel very differently to England. The kingdom is very clearly no linger united in its political views. A friend of mine said this morning that the English vote was "an astonishing act of self-harm" and personally, I have to agree with that. Sad as it is, I think hate did win...

Ninat474 Fri 13-Dec-19 11:23:21

Well apparently now we can make our own laws, control our borders and money. Has parliament not been making any laws for the past 50 years? Surely free movement only applied to EU citizens? We were always able to set rules for peoples from other countries. And I thought we had our own currency? (a Labour govt you might remember decided NOT to join the Euro)

MerylStreep Fri 13-Dec-19 11:23:26

Urmstongran
I'm not only gloating, I'm taking great joy knowing how miserable the usual gang are feeling this morning.
After the insults and sneers that we who voted leave have had to swallow for the past 3 yrs I think I'm justified in my feelings.