Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Queen's Speech on Thursday

(53 Posts)
Gaunt47 Mon 16-Dec-19 07:24:25

We have been told that the Queen's speech at the opening of parliament will be shorter than usual, so I would like to suggest the following text:
"Listen up, you horrible lot of time wasters. Just get on with it. I've had enough of the arguments and the procrastination. Alright? Right. Otherwise heads will roll. There's probably still something in the constitution which allows me to get rid of the lot of you if I want to. You've been warned."
Does anyone have any other ideas about what could be succinctly added so that the poor woman can get home promptly to take her crown off and have a nice cup of tea?

grandtanteJE65 Mon 16-Dec-19 16:16:49

About a month ago the German magazine Der Stern that like Der Spiegel concerns itself with world politics published a cartoon commenting upon Brexit.

It was captioned “The Queen’s Speech – non-verbal” and showed Boris Johnson running away, trying to protect his head with his arms, pursued by the royal handbag and its contents that were flying through the air towards him.

I tried to find it on the Internet as I wanted to send it to some friends in Scotland, but couldn't find it.

Perhaps some of you can.

EMMF1948 Mon 16-Dec-19 17:02:55

It’s usually about 11 am

That you Jeremy??