Gransnet forums

News & politics

Danger man Trump strikes again

(486 Posts)
BlueBelle Fri 03-Jan-20 08:33:55

Two days into the New Year and Trump sets the whole of world peace into jeopardy There will be huge repercussions

BlueBelle Fri 03-Jan-20 12:36:13

Of course he wasn’t right jenniferecckes he’s a nightmare I have many more names for this mentally deranged up his own axxx man, but think my post might get removed if I said them
Since the day he took office I said ‘if anyone ever starts WW3 it will be him’
Yes the Middle East is very unstable and you do not poke an unstable animal with a long stick

merlotgran Fri 03-Jan-20 12:38:27

So relieved our DSiL's deployment in the middle east ended just before Christmas. We still have ships out there though so a worrying time for families.

inkycog Fri 03-Jan-20 12:39:44

Jennifer a question for you....What does " Put America First" mean?

In real terms, what does it mean....if they are first who is last?

I don't know anything about the intricacies of Middle Eastern conflict but I know this is not good for anyone.

inkycog Fri 03-Jan-20 12:40:50

I am perplexed by this " Put America First". Really can anybody add to my understanding.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jan-20 12:51:24

Ah I don’t mind Ug being used Lavenderzen it’s quicker and especially if I’m being agreed with (!) I look upon it as a term of endearment!
?

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jan-20 13:01:11

Iran made its bed. I feel bad for the every day people living in Iran just trying to get by, and hope they will not be harmed.

This leader however was a strategic target. Well done US special forces.

New form of war, take out military leaders keep the innocent public out if possible. The drones in use are amazing - hard to track and super reliable.

Alexa Fri 03-Jan-20 13:29:05

So many people are going to be killed because of Trump's escalation of violence.

He is a really stupid man.

lemongrove Fri 03-Jan-20 13:34:17

Yes, drone technology is amazing isn’t it? The intel behind knowing where certain people are, from thousands of miles away.
Don’t anyone feel sorry for the man (General) he has been happy enough to plot the destruction of others for a long time.
The US flexes it’s considerable muscle now and then when
‘Poked’ if it didn’t, the Middle Eastern countries would perceive it as ‘weak’ and would go on pushing and pushing.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jan-20 13:34:56

I don’t think he is stupid at all. He is surrounded by military advisers on this.

Obama sent cash to appease; Trump sent retribution to warn against any future aggression.

lemongrove Fri 03-Jan-20 13:35:50

It’s knowing when to stop, of course....but hopefully DT will have good advice on that.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jan-20 13:39:47

The Big Question: What was he doing in Iraq ?
Those countries hate each other.

Alexa Fri 03-Jan-20 13:43:08

Trump is stupid as he does not know the lessons of history. The first world war was brought about through escalation of violence.

Trump's warning against future aggression is okay. But this is not a warning it's a big big thing like as if Iran had sent a secret agent who killed the president of the USA . Urmstongran, you don't understand how important General Suleimani was.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jan-20 13:47:53

I do! He was like Rommel or Patten in WW2 which is why the Iranians are crying and have declared 3 days of mourning.

Yehbutnobut Fri 03-Jan-20 13:49:43

This is to deflect attention from the bad publicity attending his impeachment and forthcoming trial. His gormless supporters will be cheering and waving the flag.

merlotgran Fri 03-Jan-20 13:49:44

Trumps actions are not stupid but he will be very stupid indeed if he brags about it.

Yehbutnobut Fri 03-Jan-20 13:51:38

I think much of the world would disagree that Trump’s action is not stupid.

JenniferEccles Fri 03-Jan-20 13:54:16

This was being discussed on the Jeremy Vine show a bit earlier.

He had two opposing views so it was interesting to hear both sides of the rights or wrongs of the action.

A lot of people though automatically condemn Donald Trump regardless which is very silly.

Yehbutnobut Fri 03-Jan-20 13:57:01

Regardless of what?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 03-Jan-20 13:57:04

Suleimani has killed hundreds of innocent people, he was planning an attack on Americans according to surveillance agencies.

Trump was doomed if he knowingly let Americans get killed and doomed if he used a preemptive strike.

(I am not a Trump fan)

Urmstongran Fri 03-Jan-20 14:01:55

Iran has had an extensive history of provocative action in the Middle East , mainly focused on its neighbours but more recently on the West. - to which the reaction has been forbearance and diplomatic regrets.

The US has finally decided that turning the other cheek has only encouraged the ayatollahs and has responded with a surgical strike against one of the primary individual protagonists.

A very clear message has been delivered.

Yehbutnobut Fri 03-Jan-20 14:02:42

GG13 many nasty men throughout the world have killed thousands of innocent people. Trump’s big buddy in North Korea for a start.

And as for these ‘reports’ - sounds very much like the WMD lies that triggered the invasion of Iraq.

Trump is looking to deflect attention away from his problems at home.

Yehbutnobut Fri 03-Jan-20 14:06:22

Haven’t we been here before? Excuses to invade Iraq. Anti Saadam propaganda. Justification which were later found to be myths.

Only problem Iran has the means to fight back.

jura2 Fri 03-Jan-20 14:07:24

No Jennifereccles ''A lot of people though automatically condemn Donald Trump regardless which is very silly.''

'silly' really, what a word to use in such a dangerous situation. Trump has shown what kind of man he is, through his words and his actions.

I can assure you that it is a lot 'sillier' to trust him on this sad

Yehbutnobut Fri 03-Jan-20 14:09:55

jura there might (or might not) have been a spate of schoolchildren posting on GN during the holidays but I think JE has been posting for some time.

Yehbutnobut Fri 03-Jan-20 14:11:12

Oh sorry. I misread your post jura thought you were implying something else.