Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Conservatives and the NHS

(52 Posts)
Rivernana Tue 07-Jan-20 10:50:07

There appears to be a strong belief that the present government will push on with plans to privatise the NHS. Some sections of the NHS have already been contracted out although this may not be obvious. There are more and more advertisements from private providers of healthcare on Face Book. My view is that we can all contribute towards strengthening the position of the NHS by doing our bit to reduce waste and save funds and resources. There is never a bottomless pit of funding and we can't afford to sit back, expect others to remedy the situation and then complain if it does not improve. What do you think?
I have been running a petition to reduce waste and save NHS funds and resources and attach the link if anyone wants to have a look. My local CCG and NHS England have agreed to consider my petition but I am not expecting much without more pestering and dialogue.
chng.it/PDLCHdQM

Baggs Fri 17-Jan-20 16:58:05

I think you read too much into my "if", growstuff. I was not questioning that there are fewer doctors and nurses. It was an "if... then..." point I was making: if (or since) this is so (which it is), then this needs to happen (and may well happen over the next few years). Sorry that wasn't clear.