Gransnet forums

News & politics

H & M wish list

(279 Posts)
Sussexborn Sat 18-Jan-20 18:49:35

It looks as if Harry and Meghan really may have to make their own way in the world after all. Hopefully their new landlord will put his hand in his pocket if need be. He probably won’t miss the odd £billion.

I am surprised as I thought they would be given whatever they want to avoid any tell it as they see it documentaries.

Nezumi65 Thu 23-Jan-20 22:56:34

That doesn’t say MM is going to be involved in it (other than as a cartoon character).

Wish they’d bring back Spitting Image
youtu.be/xujHlWzWW98

Anniebach Thu 23-Jan-20 18:59:49

Prince Charles made an excellent speech in Davos and paid tribute to William’s efforts to battle climate change . Seems
William is following in his fathers footsteps , good for him

craftyone Thu 23-Jan-20 18:43:50

I found the paper I got my deleted info from. Feel free to delete this post if we are not allowed to refer to a British newspaper

www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1232135/meghan-markle-news-job-voiceover-prince-harry-royal-family-series-hbo-max

I was appalled at the dis-respect shown to our monarch and the royal family

lemongrove Thu 23-Jan-20 18:30:54

Are they surprised really though? That would mean a total lack of understanding if they were.
They are now celebs and at the mercy of anyone with a camera.

SirChenjin Thu 23-Jan-20 18:26:42

I agree Chewbacca - it seems odd that they appear surprised by the paparazzi interest in them now they aren’t covered by that gentleman’s agreement.

merlotgran Thu 23-Jan-20 14:59:08

I watched a bit of a repeat of an old documentary about Prince Philip the other night. He was driving past Frogmore House which is near Frogmore Cottage and commenting on how private and enclosed that part of Windsor Great Park is. He couldn't possibly have known at the time that Harry would end up deciding to live there after his marriage.

What a shame it wasn't good enough for them. hmm

Anniebach Thu 23-Jan-20 14:49:34

The time they lived in Frogmore not one photograph . He complains about the cameras , moves from this country and now !

Chewbacca Thu 23-Jan-20 14:40:41

BBC website:

How much privacy can the couple expect in Canada?
Not much, according to Ingrid Seward, a royal biographer and editor of Majesty Magazine. She says she's surprised the couple weren't expecting the paparazzi to follow them to Canada.

"^Of course the safest place for Harry and Meghan to be is in the UK," she told Radio 4's PM^ programme. "They haven't been papped once since their marriage, and if they have been, no pictures have been printed.

"^Those rules don't apply in Canada. The paps can come from all over the world and lie in wait^ for them."
PR and media expert Rebecca May says that without the long-standing "gentleman's" agreement between the Palace and the UK media to avoid using paparazzi photos, Harry and Meghan "will have to navigate their way through this new world without that protection"

It's obvious really.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jan-20 14:20:58

Not a free rein suzie freedom to speak

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 13:01:10

Sir <sigh> And leave you lot free rein?

Bossyrossy Thu 23-Jan-20 12:58:55

I thought it was going to be a post about H & M clothing wish lists.

SirChenjin Thu 23-Jan-20 12:55:24

It’s The Windsors and it really is very funny grin

lucywinter Thu 23-Jan-20 12:54:00

I would think Harry and Meghan will be mocked in that tv show just like the other members of the royal family will be. It sounds no different to the British programme I have seen fairly recently where the same thing happens. It's really funny actually.

Can't for the life of me remember who is in it or what the name of the show is.

SirChenjin Thu 23-Jan-20 12:52:03

There also appears to be a deep avaricious hunger amongst some posters who profess to have no interest in the H&M threads to continue to post on them regardless.

I’m sure GN collectively will not be too disappointed.

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:49:24

Oh the disappointment there will be on GN when craftys post is exposed for the lie that it is. There is an deep avaricious hunger amongst some posters for any criticism of H and M ( the latter especially). The truth or sense of such criticism is clearly a complete irrelevance.

Lucca Thu 23-Jan-20 12:41:19

Re the HBO show planned. The characters of harry Meghan and others will feature but in no way are they “involved” in the production. “According to HBO, Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings actor Orlando Bloom will play Prince Harry, and stage actress Condola Rashad is on hand to play Meghan Markle.

Tom Hollander also joins the cast, as the Bohemian Rhapsody actor will take on the roles of both Prince Charles and Prince Phillip.

Alan Cumming will play George’s Butler Owen, while Frances De La Tour and Iwan Rheon play Queen Elizabeth II and Prince William respectively.”

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:29:44

It’s not a matter of who’s in it - it’s the lie that they are involved in it. C and W are apparently going to be ‘in it’ . That’s not involvement is it? Some may find a satirical show like this distasteful but that’s an opinion not s lie.

lucywinter Thu 23-Jan-20 12:13:33

I don't think Harry and Meghan are actually going to be in it! grin

lucywinter Thu 23-Jan-20 12:08:31

Your post is really funny PamelaJ1 Love the "send Greta in". grin

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 12:03:21

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

merlotgran Thu 23-Jan-20 10:02:51

I find that hard to believe.

Any links?

Anniebach Thu 23-Jan-20 10:00:41

Good grief , surely not

craftyone Thu 23-Jan-20 09:58:53

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Curlywhirly Wed 22-Jan-20 07:26:43

Well, it seems from comments on another thread, that the Chinese are now wanting to drink milk!

Curlywhirly Tue 21-Jan-20 22:03:49

Not sure about the Chinese drinking more milk - I seem to remember reading (a few years ago) that the Chinese don't really do dairy - milk is only for babies. They think we smell 'sour' as we do drink and eat lots of dairy produce! Yuck??