Gransnet forums

News & politics

M&H didn't let me down.

(339 Posts)
ReadyMeals Fri 07-Feb-20 17:45:11

After the news about Bea and Edo's wedding venue this morning, I was having a quick scan to see what Harry would managed to newsbomb them with. Well it seems they scurried around a bit and finally got themselves into the evening news. Well done Harry and Meghan, don't get caught napping when you have family to compete with for publicity [roll eyes]

ReadyMeals Sat 22-Feb-20 15:53:04

And the media are STILL blaming Meghan even though the pair of them are operating as a couple in their decisions. Harry may be standing there helplessly passive with love while this "witch" ruins his life... or there again he may not.

ReadyMeals Sat 22-Feb-20 12:21:39

Hmm.... the recent actions and statements are making it harder and harder to ever come back.

ReadyMeals Thu 13-Feb-20 10:39:33

At one time I wondered if they would have been incompatible mentally on the longer term, with her doing law etc and Harry with simpler interests. But she gave up law so she probably wasn't that sort of person either in the end, and maybe they could have been right for each other.

maddyone Wed 12-Feb-20 19:16:46

Indeed Callistemon, she has moved on and she certainly is a sensible young woman. That’s why I think it’s a bit sad that she didn’t marry Harry, I think they would have been very happy, my opinion of course. I certainly can’t imagine that she would have sold him to the highest bidder, when she didn’t want to live her life in a goldfish bowl.

Callistemon Wed 12-Feb-20 19:11:46

Chelsy has moved on, sensible woman.

Jabberwok Wed 12-Feb-20 14:34:50

Very true jolbrook!

jo1book Wed 12-Feb-20 13:35:09

When a chap's loins are in action, his brain shuts down.

Greymar Wed 12-Feb-20 12:54:47

there aren’t any mega wealthy celebrities there are there?!

Really? none whatsoever in the whole continent?

ReadyMeals Wed 12-Feb-20 12:38:16

Well if that does turn out to be the case, then I hope it's not too late for him to get back with Chelsy. I am still hoping he doesn't have to go through the pain of a breakup especially as it's quite possible he will end up a long long way away from his son.

maddyone Wed 12-Feb-20 12:26:00

Yes indeed ReadyMeals, Chelsey Davy is generally perceived to have been the love of Harry’s life, and all photos of them together show them happy and smiling. It is well known that Chelsey broke up with Harry because she didn’t feel she could live the royal life, and that in itself shows that Harry didn’t want to give up his family and lifestyle, otherwise he would have done so then. He and Chelsey could have lived happily and privately in Africa as Harry has often said how much he loves the country.
How sad this all is. My opinion only, but I think Harry has been played by Meghan to get the money and fame Meghan wanted. I hope I’m wrong.

ReadyMeals Wed 12-Feb-20 12:16:59

I think the one thing that feels a little sad to me was that if he had known back in the 7 years he was involved with Chelsy Davy that one day he could step down from royal life and emigrate overseas, he could have married the girl he loved the longest. It has always been said that she finally realised she couldn't live the royal life and therefore they decided they could not marry.

maddyone Wed 12-Feb-20 12:06:25

I just don’t understand the ‘getting away from the media.’ Maybe it’s me, but as I’ve said repeatedly, they could easily have ‘got away from the media’ but they’re not doing that are they? They are selling Harry to the highest bidder. It’s tacky.

Anniebach Wed 12-Feb-20 12:03:26

I don’t think a lot of people are lying

JenniferEccles Wed 12-Feb-20 12:01:36

In the past Harry has expressed a wish to spend part of his time in Africa, presumably helping communities there as a working royal.

Meghan too appeared to love Africa, referring to the women as her ‘sisters’

I am sure there would have been a lot more sympathy for them if they had chosen that path, and it would have fulfilled their desire to escape media attention,but then there aren’t any mega wealthy celebrities there are there?!

suziewoozie Wed 12-Feb-20 11:54:01

I think it’s true maddy that a lot of people say it’s the money they are upset about. I’m not so sure - it’s a respectable smoke screen though isn’t it?

maddyone Wed 12-Feb-20 11:49:32

I think it’s the money that a lot of people are upset about. The taking of the advantages without the disadvantages of monarchy.
Nonetheless some people feel let down by H+M whilst others applaud them. My opinion is that they are cheapening the both themselves and the monarchy by their actions. To sell Harry to the highest bidder seems both undignified and tacky to me. After all, they already enjoyed a life of huge wealth and privilege before all of this. If they truly wanted to live a more quiet life away from public attention, then that was more than easily possible in the UK or Canada. Farming comes to mind, Princess Anne runs Gatcombe Park as a farm for example. Therefore I have to conclude that a quiet life away from the public is absolutely not what they wanted, what they wanted is extreme wealth for little work and to tread the celebrity path. And since Harry was very much admired as a royal, and incidentally never appeared to want to dump his life style before Meghan, it is my opinion that the person directly responsible for what has happened is Meghan.
I loathe this horrible and disgusting tacky behaviour from one of our royals. A quiet life was perfectly possible, but that is not what is happening.

Anniebach Wed 12-Feb-20 09:54:02

And a country house and round the clock security

merlotgran Wed 12-Feb-20 09:37:11

How many of them have over £2 million a year thanks to Bank of Dad?

Callistemon Wed 12-Feb-20 09:29:27

I thought it was personal money that would be supporting them, not money from The Firm.

Anniebach Wed 12-Feb-20 09:23:41

Free to choose their own career whilst still financially supported by the family firm

Callistemon Wed 12-Feb-20 09:21:48

Iam64 and how many of them have been free to choose their own career too and not been expected to join the family firm whether they wanted to or not?

suziewoozie Wed 12-Feb-20 08:11:50

And Iam how many families living in the same country, the same town even, have poor fractured relationships? Given that, despite all protestations to the contrary, we do not have a clue as to what relationships are really like between royal family members, we have no idea how close they really are. Some may well wish that others would just go and live in Australia.

Iam64 Wed 12-Feb-20 07:59:06

This couple have moved to live abroad. How many grandparents here have adult children whose work/lifestyle took them to a different country or continent? A lot of us, from reading posts and also in my friendship group, a fair proportion have children in the US, Australia, various parts of Europe, the Middle East etc.
This doesn't mean they're estranged or cut off from the family in the UK, it means they don't live here.

maddyone Wed 12-Feb-20 00:15:37

Bridgeit, I was never in that position either. I couldn’t have abandoned my family. I don’t think I could have abandoned my job either, or my country. If a person tries to persuade their partner to abandon their family, their job, or their country, I think that would be abusive really.

Bridgeit Tue 11-Feb-20 23:44:06

Fortunately I was never in that position.
not with No1, but possibly with No 2 ,