Gransnet forums

News & politics

Latest on Harry and Meghan

(1001 Posts)
ExD1938 Fri 14-Feb-20 13:36:52

I am disgusted by the announcement that these two have sacked 15 British members of staff. What are they thinking?
I ask myself 'how would I feel if I'd upped sticks and gone to another country out of loyalty to my employer, only for them to get rid of me 3 months later.
I would be heartbroken and furious.

vegansrock Tue 10-Mar-20 11:36:11

It seems they either smile too much / not enough/ hold hands / ignore each other they get it in the neck from the hate mongers whatever. I can imagine some on here knitting and smirking at the guillotine.

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 11:52:45

Concentrated on Diana’s behaviour ? You mean made her a saint , the royal family never made a public comment about
Diana and the media were dancing to Diana’s phone calls.

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 11:54:28

Hate ? What rubbish, is defence of Megan and Harry adoration ?

mumofmadboys Tue 10-Mar-20 12:09:54

Why does holding hands show a lack of dignity? I think that is rubbish. Snogging in public - sure that is undignified. But holding hands??

GrannyLaine Tue 10-Mar-20 12:22:40

I think perhaps the time has come to turn attention toward the Queen: I thought she arrived looking very tired indeed yesterday. It will have been a very tense time for all the senior royals and it showed. But true professional that she is, placing duty above personal gratification, she rose above it all.

eazybee Tue 10-Mar-20 12:28:04

I think Harry will find himself consorting with the same dubious billionaire 'friends' that Andrew has, touting for business opportunities for them both, but without the incentive of weekends at royal residences and occasions to offer.

Disclaimer: This is not to suggest, in any way, that they would be attracted by Epstein and his associates' types of activities, simply the cash.

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 12:40:19

Surely we have our own views on dignity ? For me hand clinging at official events is not dignified, for others it’s
acceptable. To extend a hand to greet or to give assistance? Yes,
to hold hands and hold onto arms or stroke backs is not.

pinkquartz Tue 10-Mar-20 13:05:34

The photos say it all. 3 unhappy faces and one grinning from the winner.

pollyperkins Tue 10-Mar-20 13:36:15

Winner? I really dislike all this Meghan bashing. I wish People would leave them alone. No wonder they wanted to leave the country. And I think the hand holding bus rather sweet - probably supporting each other in a possibly uncomfortable atmosphere.

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 13:36:42

So wrong William had to give up his official place in the entry
into the Abbey because of the two junior members , he gets
the extra work because they want out .

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 13:37:28

Critcism is not bashing

pinkquartz Tue 10-Mar-20 14:06:15

the photo says it. her grin looks totally out of place.

vegansrock Tue 10-Mar-20 14:06:24

Carrie clinging onto BJs arm anyone? Or should we be kind to this young woman in her first pregnancy? When is criticism "bashing"? When its continually putting the boot in at every minor gesture, when every move is interpreted negatively, when holding a partners hand is considered evidence of controlling, when a smile is deemed a "smirk", when a non-smile is evidence of "unhappiness", when wearing a particular outfit is picked apart...shall we go on?

GrannyLaine Tue 10-Mar-20 14:06:35

Anniebach its the mark of the man surely? Diplomatic gesture on William and Catherine's part to ensure that the event went smoothly for the Queen and those attending, and to avoid further upset I imagine before Harry & Meghan leave.

Greymar Tue 10-Mar-20 14:36:42

Oh I am quite excited to see who is going to be next on the GN Super Spite List. Or perhaps like a load of pecking hens or a pack of wolves we will turn on each other. Grrrrrrrrrr

No bringing back old favourites, it simply has to be a newbie.

Calendargirl Tue 10-Mar-20 14:45:30

Are H&M still living in the same property in Canada where they were staying before Christmas, or have they moved somewhere else?
Haven’t heard any more if the paparazzi are still camping out near them.

eazybee Tue 10-Mar-20 14:46:19

People who are criticising are very unlikely to want to sit by the guillotine knitting, because they want the monarchy to continue.

Criticism is levelled at the behaviour of H & M which is damaging the monarchy: their sense of entitlement, shirking of duty, extravagance and ingratitude.

Harry's expression was sour, probably because he wasn't deemed part of the royal party. Meghan was smirking, because she has got what she wants in the short term: all the attention directed on her and public disruption of her latest family.

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 14:52:13

vegansrock so critcism of posters opinions is poster bashing?

merlotgran Tue 10-Mar-20 14:53:27

I keep thinking back to the comment Harry made about the RF being the family Meghan never had. grin grin

Poor H couldn't possibly have known at the time that he soon wouldn't have one either because the reason she'll never have a family is because she discards them - and anyone else who gets in the way of her ambition.

Greymar Tue 10-Mar-20 14:53:50

There are a whole raft of phrases like " I don't quite agree with you there" These come in handy, perhaps try them?

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 14:59:31

Greymar I await your post saying ‘I don’t agree with you ‘

pinkquartz Tue 10-Mar-20 15:02:55

I am anti RF. It has been of interest to watch M appear and do her work.
It doesn't make me happy though, I see she spreads hurt wherever she goes.
If you disagree then what is your take on the situation?

Greymar Tue 10-Mar-20 15:12:18

" I don't agree with you" I wasn't mocking the Royal children, I think they are quite funny and good fun.

I don't agree that Meghan is a power hungry actress who took away Harry. I think it could have been a brilliant chance for the Firm to modernise and it didn't work out. I hope they are fine. I hope people who are sleeping on the streets tonight are fine and all others who are facing chllenges.

annep1 Tue 10-Mar-20 15:12:20

I remember him sayinc that Merlotgran.
Good point.

Greymar Tue 10-Mar-20 15:14:56

My take is we don't know. We absolutely don't. We see body iage, we hear some stock phrases and we see a beautiful woman. We then join the dots to fir our narrative. We just don't know.

If pushed, I would say I think they found PA's behaviour unbearable and M didn't really know what she was getting into. I think H is quite likeable, maybe no intellectual but a rather mixed up man.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion