News & politics

The world according to Andrew Sabisky

(251 Posts)
suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 12:56:05

This doesn’t seem to be being discussed much do here goes

1. Black people are mentally inferior
2. Women’s sport is more comparable to the Paralympics than it is to men’s
3. Enforced long term contraception
4. The benefits of everyone modafinil once a week are ‘probably worth a dead kid once a years
5. FGM is not a serious risk to girls ‘much of the hue and cry looks more like a moral panic’

For starters.

growstuff Tue 18-Feb-20 15:20:27

Yes, we should be very frightened. It really isn't the time for people to be shrugging their shoulders and looking the other way.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:20:42

Your poor dgd jol

jo1book Tue 18-Feb-20 15:25:13

It was only posted in jest! She was duly told off and learned her lesson. These posts are rife among kids.
People are getting really heated on this thread. The chap has gone and good riddance.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:27:52

It’s not funny to jest about what can be crime and is a serious issue for young people today. It’s just NOT FUNNY.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 15:28:21

And if you don’t like the thread , then just go away from it

growstuff Tue 18-Feb-20 15:36:17

You really don't seem to get it jo1book.

This wasn't about a couple of unwise posts on social media. It was about a serious ideology and the views he has held and spoken about over a long period. They could be straight out of a Nazi instruction book, including the ones about sex.

It wasn't about one rogue appointment either. Cummings quite deliberately advertised for "weirdos and misfits". He has shown that he has similar views about intelligence and eugenics. Even Johnson has hinted at the same. The issue is that people tolerate those views. Sabisky has gone, but the views and ideology haven't.

trisher Tue 18-Feb-20 15:38:05

The chap has gone but the people who appointed him remain and therefore some element of his beliefs remain. Because there are two possibilities about his appointment, either BJ and DC didn't know about his abhorrent right wing views (in which case they are clearly incompetent), or they thought no-one would notice them (and they think it's OK to hold such views).

SirChenjin Tue 18-Feb-20 15:38:21

That's not funny in the slightest jo1brook. It has absolutely nothing to do with the thread and sharing it is incredibly insensitive and disrespectful to your grandchild.

People on here are rightly angry - no-one appointed by Govt should be able to say the things he said and to attempt to trivialise it or detract from it by sharing a story about a 14 year old girl is just grim. Don't like the thread? Then the door is that way.

Yehbutnobut Tue 18-Feb-20 16:03:12

Does Katy Hopkins have a secret love child? He would be about the right age.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 16:12:51

What is it with GN - the second inappropriate post sexualising children in two days. Sick making and HQ don’t seem to care.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 16:15:53

And yet if I used Anglo Saxon to tell jol to go away and she reported me, my post would be deleted. GN should perhaps add something to the guidelines re inappropriate sexualised references to children.

Callistemon Tue 18-Feb-20 16:28:54

trisher I think that probably one knew exactly and the other trusted the first.
Let's hope the elected one has a re-think on exactly who is pulling the strings.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 16:31:37

Did anyone else report jols post? I did and it’s gone. As this is the second example in two days, I’ve started a thread on Site Stuff asking for a clear statement from HQ about sexualised references to children. I’d appreciate some back up on there.

SirChenjin Tue 18-Feb-20 17:23:28

I swithered about reporting it but didn’t in the end - glad you did suzie and I’m glad it’s been removed. I see that GNHQ have replied to you on the other thread and hopefully they’ll be quicker to take down such posts in future.

grannypiper Tue 18-Feb-20 18:04:16

susiewoozie I am High Anglican and i am not Homophobic,

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 18:43:19

I’m talking about the institution of the church - not individuals within it. The church die not accept same sex marriage and the A of C said a few weeks ago that sex was not married straight people. Both those positions are homophobic

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 18:43:50

Not = only for

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 18:47:12

Sir it’s been deleted - didn’t see it. Was it supportive or not?

varian Tue 18-Feb-20 18:54:46

This whole episode illustrates the principle of the Overton Window in operation.

www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/1250287-The-Overton-Window?pg=2

The boundaries of acceptability are tested to the limit by putting forward ultra-right wing thinking which could have come straight out of the pages of Mein Kampf. When this extreme position has to be rejected, it can be replaced with proposals which would previously been unacceptable, but are now deemed acceptable by comparison and so the Overton Window is moved to the right.

SirChenjin Tue 18-Feb-20 19:22:46

Yep varian - it was quite obvious that’s what they were up to (although I didn’t know that was the name for it). Push/test/push/test and build policy around what you can get away with. They pushed too far on this occasion obviously but a few wee tweaks and it’ll all be fine, they’ll have a new “weirdo” in place diverting attention away from the important issues of the day. Got to love these super forecasters hmm

suzie basically said they weren’t going to go over things again and that they should have been quicker to react to the last thread.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 21:12:06

Thanks Sir.

suziewoozie Tue 18-Feb-20 21:13:42

Superforecasters - sounds like a computer game for little boys. Oh wait a minute....

MawB Wed 19-Feb-20 09:37:00

Just read this - you couldn’t make it up!
This Downing Street aide forced out over a eugenics row attended meetings with senior defence officials despite not having been vetted, it was claimed last night, as allies of Boris Johnson demanded answers over his appointment.
The Prime Minister was yesterday urged to examine the Government’s vetting procedures after Andrew Sabisky, 27, a so-called “superforecaster”, dramatically quit his post just days after being hired.
Downing Street was under mounting pressure to clarify whether the researcher had passed the necessary security clearance required to handle sensitive government business

The man is a weirdo so presumably Dominic Cummings thinks that is fine by him.
He could also be a spy .
What price security?

MaizieD Wed 19-Feb-20 09:52:20

What price security?

If only we knew what was in the Russia Report... hmm

It could be that a government led by PM who has been bought by the Russians is wide open, so who cares about the security status of an 'adviser'?

Greta Wed 19-Feb-20 10:21:15

It seemed extraordinary to me that security was one issue that was hardly ever mentioned during the referendum campaign. Was it a secret? Mind you, there didn't seem to be any plan of any sort so I guess security was no exception.