News & politics

The world according to Andrew Sabisky

(251 Posts)
suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 12:56:05

This doesn’t seem to be being discussed much do here goes

1. Black people are mentally inferior
2. Women’s sport is more comparable to the Paralympics than it is to men’s
3. Enforced long term contraception
4. The benefits of everyone modafinil once a week are ‘probably worth a dead kid once a years
5. FGM is not a serious risk to girls ‘much of the hue and cry looks more like a moral panic’

For starters.

suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 19:30:26

Phew had to be careful with my ls and ns there

SirChenjin Mon 17-Feb-20 19:36:33

We understood what you meant suzie wink

Nezumi65 Mon 17-Feb-20 19:39:24

One came to my door today - candidate for local elections wondering if I would give him my vote. I stared at him before saying ‘not if you’re a Tory no’.

Really thought we might get some peace from canvassers for a while.

GagaJo Mon 17-Feb-20 19:42:00

Hahaha Susie.

If you recall, I was ridiculed a couple of months ago when I called DC a Rasputin and referred to the Tories as totalitarian.

Not looking so funny now. But to be honest, it was obvious before the election.

SirChenjin Mon 17-Feb-20 19:42:52

You should have asked him for his views on Sabisky - the Tories need to be held to account and as a party they need to stand up to this, otherwise these vermin will start crawling out from under their rocks.

Nezumi65 Mon 17-Feb-20 19:45:36

You’re right SirChenjin. I shut the door and immediately regretted it (esp as my eldest has severe learning disabilities)

Hetty58 Mon 17-Feb-20 19:55:51

Where is the Tory outcry on here? Surely, nobody thinks his appointment is acceptable - do they?

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/02/why-number-10-arent-backing-down-over-andrew-sabisky/

SirChenjin Mon 17-Feb-20 19:58:30

Yes I saw that Hetty. You would think that No 10 would have sacked him immediately and sought to distance themselves from such vile language but no - which makes me think this is part of seeing how far they can push things in order to tailor their social media and push up their ratings. It makes me feel physically sick.

suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 19:58:58

A second Tory MP William Wragg has spoken out against AS. Brave man
Wow AS has reigned - absolutely bloody fantastic

Greymar Mon 17-Feb-20 20:02:02

re Tory outcry on here, don't forget Corbyn is a very very bad person. ( thought I'd get in first)

Nezumi65 Mon 17-Feb-20 20:03:36

Whilst I am pleased to see him go, he should not have had the chance to resign. Johnson should have sacked him. In refusing to condemn his comments Johnson shows is what a despicable man he really is.

SirChenjin Mon 17-Feb-20 20:03:37

Only a second?? Where the @*€$ are the rest of them???

He shouldn’t have resigned - he should have been fired and taken to the nearest police station to face charges of inciting hatred (or whatever else they can throw at him). Revolting behaviour from this Govt and the silence from the Tories on here is equally so.

Nezumi65 Mon 17-Feb-20 20:04:06

Oh great minds SirChenjin

SirChenjin Mon 17-Feb-20 20:07:00

Yep * Nezumi65* - although it doesn’t take a great mind to find the behaviour from No 10 morally reprehensible and repugnant, just a decent one.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-Feb-20 20:23:10

Sa idly has resigned!!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-Feb-20 20:23:53

Oops predictive text “Sabisky” has resigned.

MaizieD Mon 17-Feb-20 21:14:01

We already knew that, GG13. Where were you earlier?

suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 21:18:37

There will be foul mouthed rants going on at No 10 at the moment as they all try to blame each other. It is sounding to DC ( although he’ll survive obvs). He’s got his enemies in the party and this will be more ammunition for them. I see AS’s farewell tweet was petulant, childish and used sexist language. That’s what happens when you give jobs to 12 year olds.

suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 21:19:54

Mmmm where were all the Boris adulants?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 17-Feb-20 21:36:32

Apologise MaizieD I was putting GC to bed

MaizieD Mon 17-Feb-20 21:45:51

Goodness, GG13, they take a long time to go to bed! The thread started at 1 pm.

I think some of us are a bit disappointed that none of our Boris lovers joined us in protesting about this rather obnoxious character.

Ginny42 Mon 17-Feb-20 21:47:55

Sabisky reportedly said people are making too much of his tweets from a while ago. Really? How can anyone make too much of this one for example: that the potential benefits of cognitive enhancer drugs, which can prove fatal, are “probably worth a dead kid once a year”.?

One of many vile utterances, and it doesn't matter when he made them if he has such disgusting thoughts going on in his head.

SirChenjin Mon 17-Feb-20 21:50:52

They’re all keeping a very low profile it seems suzie. They’re the same people who assured us that we had nothing to fear from Brexit because No 10 were being advised by people who really knew their stuff and they had no intentions whatsoever of doing away with all the good legislation we enjoyed as part of the EU that protected workers, the environment, equal rights and so on. Nope, people like Sabisky have it all under control hmmangry

suziewoozie Mon 17-Feb-20 22:02:02

By their advisers ( and their support for said advisers) shall ye know them.

tidyskatemum Mon 17-Feb-20 22:03:34

“I know this will disappoint a lot of people but I signed up to do real work, not be in the middle of a giant character assassination. If I can’t do the work properly there’s no point and I have a lot of other things to do with my life” - BBC website.

What arrogance. The Beeb website attributes some of his comments to posts on Dominic Cummins’ website so he is evidently following in the master’s footsteps. At least he has gone but I cannot wait to see DC get his comeuppance and, forgive me, I fervently hope it is a very big fall.