Gransnet forums

News & politics

What is your reaction to this photo?

(83 Posts)
Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 12:56:59

Just that

Callistemon Sun 23-Feb-20 11:33:52

It's surprising how these top jobs can age people so quickly, jura

Actually, thinking about it, it seems to age men but not the women.

jura2 Sun 23-Feb-20 11:18:28

I remember queueing in the very long 'Aliens' clue before I got British nationality- with OH and new baby whisked through the other queue very quickly. I could hear baby screaming on the other side- as she needed feeding, and my boobs flooding with milk. On our return I applied for British nationality so it would never happen again.

jura2 Sun 23-Feb-20 11:16:09

Actually? Fear. And he doesn't look well, eyes watery and droopy and he gets more and more bloated by the day...

I do think, like Trump- that now he has achieved his life-long goal- he just does not have a clue what to do with it- and he is becoming more and more aware of it by the day- and the stress is showing more and more.

Callistemon Sun 23-Feb-20 09:48:32

We did get ushered to the front of a huge queue last year because our passports were burgundy.
Either that or because we looked old and exhausted!

We never did find out why.

EllanVannin Sun 23-Feb-20 08:02:14

I would have avoided a very painful " prod in the back " if my passport had been green at the time ! All because I was in the wrong queue going through customs or something.

NotSpaghetti Sun 23-Feb-20 01:32:05

I’m not bothered about the colour, but the inside of the new passports are very badly laid out. Extremely confusing and not very “businesslike” for the want of a better word.

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 22:44:28

Drooling comments?? Oh I think someone did say sexy beast but I assumed they were kidding....

trisher Sat 22-Feb-20 22:38:22

Drooling-No! Vomiting-Yes!

Callistemon Sat 22-Feb-20 22:24:05

Dinahmo?
Trying to hide it?

Chewbacca Sat 22-Feb-20 22:17:27

Who's lusting after BJ? Come on, own up!

Callistemon Sat 22-Feb-20 22:14:20

drooling comments
I can't see any
grin

What do you want us all to say??

Dinahmo Sat 22-Feb-20 21:49:16

I think there's a distinct lack of taste on this thread with the drooling comments about Johnson's appearance. Ladies, have you lost your minds?

ElaineI Sat 22-Feb-20 21:13:32

Funnily enough I came across my old blue one last night while searching for our marriage certificate and birth certificates to send to Passport Office to get DGS2 a passport. He is nearly 2 and they want all GPs documents! Only need DD birth certificate!
My old one has actual stamps in it and a very young photo of me!

Labaik Sat 22-Feb-20 20:02:43

My reaction was that of a smug, scruffy Johnson on a plane with a passport when he's made it much more difficult for lesser mortals to travel or settle in Europe. And the old passports were more blue/black than blue. However, the colour is meaningless, it's the benefit a particular passport gives one that's important and the new passport takes away all the benefits we had within the EU. So my reaction is one of anger and sadness.

May7 Sat 22-Feb-20 18:45:08

Well said Riverwalk I'm right with you on that observation. Oooh er Matron
Right ......now back to BJ and passports.

JenniferEccles Sat 22-Feb-20 17:45:56

Lucca yes!

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 17:29:34

Fair enough JE. Agree to disagree etc!

Callistemon Sat 22-Feb-20 17:22:54

H1954

New York, New York
(Cue for a song with a few high kicks)
Well, not quite sure where he was made

JenniferEccles Sat 22-Feb-20 17:20:26

Sorry Lucca I have been out so haven’t looked here.

Strictly speaking of course the burgundy ones were ‘proper’ so my comment was just a lighthearted observation!

In the grand scheme of things of course the colour of our passports isn’t vital but as someone who is pleased to have left the EU (as against Europe) I am looking forward to having one in our original colour.

H1954 Sat 22-Feb-20 17:17:07

Now, here's a thought.........was the passport made in Poland........or does the statement refer to Boris Johnson? Well, who knows what his parents got up to! ???

Callistemon Sat 22-Feb-20 17:13:27

It was quite scary driving, Lucca

Callistemon Sat 22-Feb-20 17:12:43

They were better made with better covers.
Does that mean 'a proper passport'?
However, the ones we've had for years are smaller, slimmer and fit more easily into a bag or belt.,

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 17:11:29

Callistemon. Certainly is windy I just got caught in a painful hail storm.

Lucca Sat 22-Feb-20 17:10:23

JenniferEccles are you still there? I genuinely wanted to know what you meant by “our proper passports”. Not being rude, honest!

Callistemon Sat 22-Feb-20 17:05:19

I still have my old ones, Bluebelle, they do look black.
However where it is scuffed it looks dark navy bue and the pages are blue.

It matters not a jot to me as long as I don't have to stand in a long queue.