Gransnet forums

News & politics

Yorkshire Tea boycott

(169 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Tue 25-Feb-20 09:03:06

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard from so called ”Left Wingers” all over the Internet they are calling for a boycott of Yorkshire Tea after the Chancellor Rishi Sunak was pictured making a pot of tea using Yorkshire Tea Bags.

The political left should have better things to worry about......electing a new leader, forming a front bench to be a credible opposition to the Government and sorting out some policies for a start

jenpax Sat 29-Feb-20 09:08:18

varian ??

ananimous Thu 27-Feb-20 11:48:19

How to drink hot tea...

1. Make a cup of tea.
2. Sip the tea.
3.Tea is too hot.
4.Let tea cool.
5.Forget you have a cup of tea.
wink

Prefer coffee.

varian Thu 27-Feb-20 11:43:55

I made a joke further up the thread and it's just been repeated ( proper tea is theft).

Greyduster Thu 27-Feb-20 11:01:31

Witzend you are not weird or alone - I can’t drink tea with milk in either. It was the only thing I ever had in common with my late mother in lawhmm.

Callistemon Thu 27-Feb-20 10:48:40

I made a tea joke earlier in the thread but I don't think the poster got it.

It was a joke, honestly!

Callistemon Thu 27-Feb-20 10:46:58

It was what is called 'positioning' I think!
Yorkshire MP subtly (or not so subtly) advertises a Yorkshire product.

Witzend Thu 27-Feb-20 09:07:39

I dare say all the publicity will boost sales, if anything! Let’s hope so.

Personally I’m a complete heathen where Yorkshire Tea lovers are concerned. (A dd is one.).
PG teabags here - decaf if it’s at all late - fished out quite quickly - and no milk! Tea with milk tastes vile to me. (Yes, I know I’m weird.)

Greyduster Thu 27-Feb-20 08:56:15

?‍♀️?

ananimous Wed 26-Feb-20 23:29:59

Why did Karl Marx dislike Earl Grey tea?

Because all proper tea is theft.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 26-Feb-20 13:37:57

Keep inside and warm Gagajo or go skiing that will warm you up ⛷

GagaJo Wed 26-Feb-20 13:28:28

Well I'm happily left-wing, drinking my Yorkshire Tea in Switzerland in a blizzard.

Storm in a teacup.

SirChenjin Wed 26-Feb-20 13:01:25

Bluebird64 there’s an entire shopping list of items the extremist Scottish Nationalists won’t buy - it’s utterly bonkers.

Margs Wed 26-Feb-20 11:47:47

Life's far too short to get arsey about the Chancellor making a cuppa using a particular brand of tea bag........some people seem to actively thrive on getting incensed about ANYTHING!

Too much time on their hands, IMHO.

H1954 Wed 26-Feb-20 08:54:23

Right wing! Left wing! I ain't bothered! Don't care a jot what they drink! What a complete waste of time, just get your job done!

Bluebird64 Wed 26-Feb-20 08:46:38

It's crackers. I once got trolled on a Scottish Facebook group for posting a picture of...Tunnock's Tea Cakes! No-one told me what I'd done wrong, I had to Google to find out it was because Tunnocks now call themselves British instead of Scottish! Life's just too short.....

Nanna58 Tue 25-Feb-20 23:58:09

No, Yorkshire BiscuitTea is my idea of heaven !

BradfordLass73 Tue 25-Feb-20 21:45:54

Even if I saw a picture of a person I absolutely despised using Yorkshire Tea, it wouldn't stop me using it.

I tend to think for myself, unusual as that may seem to some.

Remember when Australian Steve Irwin was killed by a Stingray? Morons People went out and massacred stingrays.
I really do fail to understand how anyone can be that stupid.
sad

HurdyGurdy Tue 25-Feb-20 21:42:22

Clearly the solution to the obesity crisis is never more clear. Just have a campaign by the government, featuring billboards all over the county showing members of the government quaffing McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Walkers Crisps, Mr Kipling etc, and the whole country, apparently wouldn't be caught dead consuming the same products.

Within a year, the whole population would be a size zero.

I did see one comment on the Twitter feed saying

"Yorkshire MP shares image of a Yorkshire product from a firm which employs 1,500 people in Yorkshire, and the so called "party of the workers" has a hissy fit."

I am just dumbfounded that anyone would boycott a product because an MP of any persuasion has purchased it, and used it to make a drink for his staff. I can't imagine what I've missed, but it must be something very significant.

Are they trying to say that Yorkshire Tea (or any other product) should monitor who buys it, and bans certain elements of society from using their product?

I'm absolutely at a loss here.

Mommawolf Tue 25-Feb-20 21:09:20

I agree GAGAJO media drivel

POGS Tue 25-Feb-20 20:44:45

GagaJo Tue 25-Feb-20 20:10:01
'No ones boycotting, Mommawolf. It was just media drivel.'
-

Yep the company is obviously lying, their staff haven't had to deal with anything !

Missfoodlove Tue 25-Feb-20 20:19:51

Gagajo I buy in Ireland, it’s available on Amazon at a crazy price.

GagaJo Tue 25-Feb-20 20:10:01

No ones boycotting, Mommawolf. It was just media drivel.

Mommawolf Tue 25-Feb-20 20:06:38

Here we go again! The lunatics taking over the asylum. There are times when I would like to stop the planet and get off. GET A GRIP!

GagaJo Tue 25-Feb-20 20:03:16

Ah, in that case, my Yorkshire Tea stash will be ok. Bought a load of boxes months ago. Union Jack free.

Is that a euphemism Oopsminty?

Is Barry's Tea good, Missfoodlove? Who stocks it?

I also like coffee, ideally cafe con leche, as they made it in the bar near my old flat in Spain. If not, a cafetière and some hot milk.

Chewbacca Tue 25-Feb-20 19:58:40

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Nice one Yorkshire Tea company!