Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Michael Gove ill? ** Title edited by GNHQ **

(72 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 07-Apr-20 10:56:40

Self isolating.
Some noticed he seemed to be suppressing a cough early this morning when being interviewed by Kay Burley on Sky.

Callistemon Wed 08-Apr-20 17:53:22

Although I did know a Welsh Nationalist many years ago who tended to rant on and on but that's another story

Callistemon Wed 08-Apr-20 17:52:03

a woman, especially an elderly one, regarded as annoying or interfering

Nice, barmeyoldbat

Callistemon Wed 08-Apr-20 17:51:14

Quiet frankly I find that there is a gang of old biddies who use Boris as their god throwing insults out left right and centre to anyone who doesn't agree with their admiration.
That's really rather ridiculous, barmeyoldbat

Even those who don't admire Boris, didn't want him as PM, can show a little decency towards an ill man.

old biddies are you a youngster then?
This is Gransnet, people tend to be older, if not biddies which I believe is a rather derogatory term.

I must say, I find some of paddyanne's posts a hoot. I've never come across anyone with such extreme views like that and I know quite a few Scots.

POGS Wed 08-Apr-20 17:46:35

This is why threads /posts should not be deleted.

Posters remember what they want to and ignore what they don't.

Posters believe without challenge what was posted and are ignorant of the ' facts' that later emerge.

This is just another thread that will get deleted because another that was deleted still angers many. Deletion can be counter productive.

Callistemon Wed 08-Apr-20 17:43:38

The ruth is very scarce on GN so I understand you might not hav eheard that before
paddyanne

I agree that occasionally some erroneous posts claim to be the truth when, in fact, a little checking would reveal that they are nothing but hot air.

There was one recently about Royal Marines marching into a Scottish laboratory and seizing all the testing equipment to take to London.
A little research and it was found to be distorted facts.

It's as well to check the facts, everyone.

Callistemon Wed 08-Apr-20 17:39:58

It could be that one of his children has it or has been in contact with someone showing symptoms.
How long since schools finished?

Barmeyoldbat Wed 08-Apr-20 17:34:13

What do you mean no one has been unkind to her.

I saw her post and all I read for the first page and half was abuse, vile post, get it deleted, no don't do that let it stay to show what a nasty person she is, and on and on.

Quiet frankly I find that there is a gang of old biddies who use Boris as their god throwing insults out left right and centre to anyone who doesn't agree with their admiration.

SueDonim Tue 07-Apr-20 21:25:05

Some fine insults being thrown elsewhere right now. shock Still, that’s freedom of speech for you.

Jaberwok Tue 07-Apr-20 21:18:03

Insulting people is interesting?! That's novel!!!

MaizieD Tue 07-Apr-20 20:29:43

Hear hear, *Greymar !

(your post at 19.07)

Bridgeit Tue 07-Apr-20 19:24:29

Good luck to all those folks who at this present moment are trying to get us through this terrible situation.
It is they who need our best wishes.

Greymar Tue 07-Apr-20 19:07:09

jane, yes they have. I find her ideas interesting . Good Luck paddy anne, and to your family.

SueDonim Tue 07-Apr-20 18:58:29

Maybe one reaps what one sows, Greymar.

janeainsworth Tue 07-Apr-20 18:27:32

How come all the kindness stuff doesn't apply to her?

Read her posts, Greymar. No one has been uncivil to paddyanne, in spite of them.

Jabberwok Tue 07-Apr-20 18:24:56

Perhaps it's because constantly calling people parasites because of the familyly they belong to and others eegits and other similar unpleasant names doesn't exactly encourage kindness!

Calendargirl Tue 07-Apr-20 17:57:34

Thank you janeainsworth and others, for correctly realising what my comment referred to.

Greymar Tue 07-Apr-20 17:54:19

You are bang out of order laying into paddy anne like this.

How come all the kindness stuff doesn't apply to her?

SueDonim Tue 07-Apr-20 17:48:56

I admire *Paddyanne for her ability to use almost any subject as a straw man with which to beat anyone who doesn’t support the SNP.

Jabberwok Tue 07-Apr-20 17:17:44

Hear! Hear! Lemon and Nn!????

Namsnanny Tue 07-Apr-20 16:45:48

Yes lemongrove stupid and soooooooo boring

lemongrove Tue 07-Apr-20 16:45:13

Am not surprised that quite a few politicians have the virus, being in London and in Westminster up to recently and trying to do their jobs properly, made social distancing very difficult for them.

Namsnanny Tue 07-Apr-20 16:43:54

Hetty58 …posting that link is such a waste of everyone's time, why bother? What do you hope to achieve?

lemongrove Tue 07-Apr-20 16:42:39

I can imagine Paddyanne’s reaction if I or another member on here continually ranted on about the Scots/ SNP/Nichola Sturgeon etc in the way that she does about the
English/Westminster/ any Conservative/ Boris /Royalty etc.
It’s stupid and boring.

Namsnanny Tue 07-Apr-20 16:27:33

Riverwalk … But paddyanne wasn't just correcting a factual error was she?

She was in actual fact, using the excuse of correcting an error, to release a personal diatribe.

Quite different.

The language was chosen to cause offence.

M0nica Tue 07-Apr-20 16:11:27

Covid-19 cannot see whether a victim is black or white religious or atheist, whether politically they are to the left or to the white, they just see them as a good place to be and onc onyou they will colonise you.

My thoughts and prayers are with anyone struck down by this disease, regardless of who or what they are. My thoughts are particularly with those who have suffered bereavement or are praying that someone dear on a ventilator will make it through and get well again and I do not care who or what they or their family are.