(9 Posts)
vampirequeen Thu 23-Apr-20 19:59:27

[grin}

Dinahmo Thu 23-Apr-20 19:54:17

sorry hospital, not hispital.

Starblaze Thu 23-Apr-20 19:54:01

That is good news!

Dinahmo Thu 23-Apr-20 19:53:56

growstuff I'm amazed at the number of foreign nurses and doctors that we see whenever there is a piece of film from inside a hispital. Plus of course, very sadly, the number who have died.

I have read somewhere that the right still want to press ahead with Brexit, without an extension and despite warnings from the World Bank etc.

vampirequeen Thu 23-Apr-20 19:52:22

It was obviously going to keep out people we needed when they set the ludicrously high required earnings.

growstuff Thu 23-Apr-20 19:44:33

Apparently, it's only delayed because the Labour Party wants to debate it, but it will be interesting to see how the Tories justify it.

It's not just the NHS, care homes and farms, but a significant number of the scientists working on vaccines are also from abroad and aren't that highly paid. I'm sure there are others too.

EllanVannin Thu 23-Apr-20 16:54:29

Well, they would vote Brexit wouldn't they and it's backfired on them.

vampirequeen Thu 23-Apr-20 16:43:00

I think they may have realised that the NHS, care homes and farms can't manage without what they called 'cheap' foreign labour.

growstuff Wed 22-Apr-20 19:17:07

The government has withdrawn Priti Patel's immigration bill, which would have sought to introduce a points-based system after Brexit.

www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/government-shelves-priti-patel-s-immigration-bill-house-of-commons-1-6616651

Hopefully, this is the beginning of some common sense.