Gransnet forums

News & politics

Lucy Allen, Maria Caulfield, Nadine Dorries - oh dear

(34 Posts)
suziewoozie Thu 14-May-20 14:11:54

These three Tory women MPs retweeted a doctored video about Starmer which libelled him. Oh dear oh dear - don’t know what happened behind the scenes but MC has now deleted her whole account snd the other two have deleted the tweet. None has apologised. One might almost think that this was Cummings dead cat because of Johnson’s appalling failures yesterday. All of them are too stupid to remember Starmer is a QC.

Calendargirl Fri 15-May-20 07:16:54

Didn’t see anything about this on the 6 o’clock news last night.

Iam64 Fri 15-May-20 08:35:32

Can you expand on that comment please Calendargirl?

suziewoozie Fri 15-May-20 12:30:48

Calendar rhe fact it wasn’t on the 6 o’clock BBC news is precisely the same reason why I stopped watching BBC news about 3 years ago.

Calendargirl Fri 15-May-20 12:35:23

I didn’t mean anything with my comment Iam64

I had read about this on GN, and when I watched the 6 news, which we always do, was surprised it wasn’t mentioned as the post said it had been on several news items earlier.

That’s all, no hidden agenda, honest.

SirChenjin Fri 15-May-20 12:49:40

It was certainly on the BBC website under its headlines smile

Iam64 Fri 15-May-20 13:57:50

Thanks Calendar-that makes sense now.
I was sorry to see this doctored video being shared by three MPs. Poor show! Also shocking that they didn't know that Keir Starmer and Afzal Nazir did so much during their work at the DPP/CPS to improve the way these complex investigations are run

growstuff Fri 15-May-20 16:34:09

This is one perspective:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNUH73YTDlY&t=307s

suziewoozie Fri 15-May-20 19:12:20

Iam this tweet was nothing to do with what the 3 women knew or didn’t know. They were under orders from No 10 to throw a dead cat on the table because of the pasting Johnson had received from Starmer at PMQs. This will be the first of many such examples