Gransnet forums

News & politics

Where is Johnson?

(93 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 12:01:35

Apart from PMQs when he is more or less forced to turn up to be humiliated, where is he the rest of the time?

This country totally lacks leadership.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 16:24:59

Even more Morgan

Cabinet ministers rushing to publicly support Cummings breaking the Govt’s own lockdown rules just about sums up their collective moral bankruptcy & fridge-hiding, accountability-avoiding cowardice. The public won’t stand for this shameful hypocrisy, whoever they vote for.

grumppa Sat 23-May-20 16:44:45

Given that it was obvious that Cummings’ behaviour would dominate the briefing today, the spokesman should have been Boris himself, or if the poor duck is still not very well, his official deputy, Raab.

varian Sat 23-May-20 17:19:09

I think that Shapps is supposed to be the Transport minister, low down the pecking order and easy to sack.

grumppa Sat 23-May-20 17:35:40

Surely Boris the self-professed Classicist has not forgotten the advice of the great Julius: “Caesar’s wife must be above suspicion”?

Daisymae Sat 23-May-20 17:45:43

We had an opportunity to control this virus much more comprehensively. Earlier lockdown may well have resulted in thousands of fewer deaths. All we had to do was learn from others.

MissAdventure Sat 23-May-20 17:47:16

Well, we've now learned that we can basically do what we want.

lemsip Sat 23-May-20 17:50:32

Boris isn't well! not fit to be working, is still recovering!

Jabberwok Sat 23-May-20 17:59:32

I'm sure Carrie is beyond suspicion. DC is not his wife!! (partner!)

Esspee Sat 23-May-20 18:06:43

@grumppa. ? love your quote!

Esspee Sat 23-May-20 18:08:33

Today’s briefing was a disaster for the government.

CUMMINGS MUST GO is the only solution.

MissAdventure Sat 23-May-20 18:20:43

They seem to have closed ranks and are refusing to discuss it.

Summerlove Sat 23-May-20 18:21:22

We are to loud to ask where leaders are. They are too busy running the country to show up as figureheads, or somesuch comment.

Asking to actually see the leader of your country or Expecting at the queen to make a statement as we did a few weeks ago was us just being insolent. Didn’t you know, we only want to know where the leaders are so that we could mark them. And they don’t deserve that.

Summerlove Sat 23-May-20 18:25:10

Are not allowed

Silly auto correct Changing my words after the fact

MissAdventure Sat 23-May-20 18:26:36

Mine has just started that lark, too.

suziewoozie Sat 23-May-20 18:42:21

All his dreams have crashed around him - he thought he was going to have an easy ride into the history books - well he’ll be in the history books as the worst PM ever.

Lucca Sat 23-May-20 19:20:05

Boris fan club a bit quiet

growstuff Sat 23-May-20 20:52:07

Maybe, just maybe Johnson is consulting his lawyers about sacking somebody and finding himself a new SpAd.

A problem for him is that he's surrounded himself with so many useless people that there aren't any wise heads he can ask for advice.

NfkDumpling Sat 23-May-20 21:12:05

Dominic Cummings has shut him in the cellars at number 10 and won't let him out so he can issue statements in Boris's place. He's probably done that since before Christmas anyway.

growstuff Sat 23-May-20 21:40:31

grin

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 22:12:44

There are 24 hours in a day.

What is Johnson doing??

Nanna58 Sat 23-May-20 23:34:55

Johnson must be the onot person able to be less evident out of Intensive Care than he was whilst in it!!!!

Nanna58 Sat 23-May-20 23:35:31

Sorry, ‘ only person’

Nanna58 Sat 23-May-20 23:48:32

Summerlove, perhaps the Govt can blame auto correct for changing their words after the fact- wouldn’t put it past them!???

Eloethan Sun 24-May-20 00:15:12

Grant Shapps looked extremely uncomfortable trying to defend Cummings' behaviour. The reason he put forward that Cummings was taking care of his family seemed a bit feeble to me.

I expect they're all rushing around now trying to find some dirt to throw at somebody outside their own party, or raise some other vital issue in order to distract. I truly hope more people are beginning to see what an ineffective and dishonourable bunch of people this government is.

Cindersdad Sun 24-May-20 10:06:32

Boris cannot have fully recovered from COVID so for that reason alone is not capable of being an effective PM. He should step down and if he fails to ditch Dominic Cummings his position will be untenable. There is noboby in his cabiniet who is really fit to take over though a number better than Boris himself.

They have to clean on COVID and Brexit and stop blaming others. Holes have been dug in both cases and they have fallen into them.