Gransnet forums

News & politics

Writing to MP's and the Media

(10 Posts)
Jabberwok Sun 31-May-20 10:44:58

It reminds me of sharks circling round a victim, no matter which way you turn another always blocks any escape. Whoever the person is it's an appalling way to behave. I was no fan of J.C, but the way he was harrassed by the media at times on his doorstep was disgraceful too. I believe the photo of J.C at Romney Marsh wier was altered to make it look as if he was talking to someone close up, when in fact they were well apart. Terrible behaviour.

gillybob Sun 31-May-20 09:55:43

I agree with you Jabberwock . Not a credible witness among them and as for that frenzy of idiots swarming around his home, they make me sick. Hypocrites.

Jabberwok Sun 31-May-20 09:55:16

even doing it for a so called joke....

gillybob Sun 31-May-20 09:54:05

I can’t get outraged at Dominic Cummings especially now that we know that one apparent (Labour party activist) witness blatantly lied and the other was an anti Brexiteer who himself broke the lock down rules .

Jabberwok Sun 31-May-20 09:53:04

What about other MP's and officials who broke lock down? What about the media frenzy outside Mr Cummings house clearly breaking lockdown and trespassing? What about the prople who have clearly lied about Mr Cummings in order for him to lose his job? even doing it to a so-called joke! Why is this all ok?

Cindersdad Sun 31-May-20 09:41:44

Just keep the pressuure on, most emails get an automated rely. Keep them short and factual. My MP (Labour) has an automated response expressing his outrage over DC. Some will never see DC for what he is but most do and collectively they can do something.

Thinking it's a waste of time is what allows them to get away with it.

gillybob Sun 31-May-20 09:30:41

I have emailed my (Labour) MP twice in the past but have yet to receive either a reply or an acknowledgement . Waste of time.

Grannybags Sun 31-May-20 09:28:08

I have emailed my MP regarding DC as well. I had a comprehensive reply explaining why he wouldn't be calling for him to be sacked.

Happygirl79 Sun 31-May-20 09:20:53

I have emailed my MP regarding Dominic Cummings and have received a pretty bland auto response due to high numbers of emails
I will continue to follow-up until something is done

Cindersdad Sun 31-May-20 09:12:53

If you feel strongly about something it is worth writing/emailing to your MP. MP's normally do not reply to contacts from outside thier own constituencies, put your name, address and perhaps phone number in your message. They do get lots of emails especailly now about Cummings, even if they do not answer your message personally sheer force numbers in similar vane will influence them. They want you to vote for them next time. I have never voted for my MP but he/she does represent me.

I have written to the Media more times than I can remember . Most of the time I do not get an acknowledgement, even when I am mentioned in their letters column a reply directly to me rarely comes. They do sometimes edit your message so it can loose some of its meaning. Again though if they gets lots of messages in similar vane they will take notice.