Gransnet forums

News & politics

Hypocrite: teacher who reported Cummings

(104 Posts)
Buffybee Sun 31-May-20 10:53:06

Amazing how Robin Lees can report DC for allegedly breaking the CV rules. While in the middle of April, he had driven from his home in Barnard Castle, 250 miles to collect his daughter from another household and bring her back to his household.
What an hypocrite!
Also, the “key witness” who claimed to have seen DM back in Durham 5 days after he had returned to London, has now admitted he was lying.
Hypocrite and Liar!

MissAdventure Sun 31-May-20 19:31:45

Neither has my neighbour, (as I'm sure many of you know blush)but that doesn't let anyone else off the hook.

MadCatWoman1 Sun 31-May-20 19:25:04

Buffybee Exactly right - Labour haven't all been following the rules.

Gajahgran Sun 31-May-20 17:45:17

Unfortunately Emily M did not state it was her personal opinion she stated it as if it were fact.

Mamie Sun 31-May-20 17:21:44

I know WWM2 . Although a lot of people like to criticise, in my opinion Macron, the PM Edouard Philippe and the Ministers have all been clear about the big picture and all over the detail. Everything has been backed up by a clear and sustained public health message. They didn't get everything right, especially at the beginning, but we have always felt that we were in safe hands here.
France has its fair share of covidiots. I read somewhere that the the state has taken 40 million euros in fines.

MissAdventure Sun 31-May-20 17:11:24

Well, she didn't lie.
What she did was include her personal opinions on the situation.

Gajahgran Sun 31-May-20 17:01:03

I don't believe a word of what Emily M said

MissAdventure Sun 31-May-20 16:58:40

I support everything Emily said.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 31-May-20 16:58:30

mamie

The difference between France and the UK is that we have terribly weak and distrustful leaders.

Gajahgran Sun 31-May-20 16:57:37

PGAgirl I agree with you. This endless tirade against DC just goes on and on whipped up by the media. Many people in the country do not agree with the media but that's not stopping them. The BBC has received 40000 complaints about the Emily Maitless rant alone.

Mamie Sun 31-May-20 16:46:20

It seems to me that part of the problem is that the rules were so unclear. Here in France if it wasn't in one of the boxes to tick on the form then you couldn't do it. Get stopped by the police without one of the legitimate reasons ticked on your form and you got a fine. Not rocket science.
It seems to me that the only excuse that is clearly and indubitably wrong is "I was driving to test my eyesight". That is just rank stupidity.

MissAdventure Sun 31-May-20 16:41:43

No.
They tried to get a believable explanation, and have held him and boris to account when none was forthcoming.

PGAgirl Sun 31-May-20 16:40:14

I wonder how you would feel if you had the Nasty Labour Party members, Momentum, camping outside your family home for weeks and jeering at you, your wife and your child every time you go out, including journalist who have written for the Guardian spewing hate, and the nasty worded posters that your child would ask questions about. I would take my child away from this hatred to a safe place especially as his son would be home instead of at nursery. The cowards could not get to the PM so targeted DC and his family.

Callistemon Sun 31-May-20 16:39:39

Are we on GN the only ones Not Breaking the Rules?!
It certainly is beginning to look like it.

MissAdventure Sun 31-May-20 16:36:19

Obviously not, though.
The public have a skewed idea of right and wrong, it seems.

Even the police/scientific advisors and mps aren't sure.

Buffybee Sun 31-May-20 16:26:32

What should have happened is that his daughter, having flown back from an extended time abroad, should have gone directly to her parents house.
But she didn’t!
She moved it with her boyfriend for a few weeks.
Then her Father drove 250 miles to pick her up, brought her back and mixed two households.
It’s massively wrong!

Buffybee Sun 31-May-20 16:21:40

Maisie it’s not reasonable for Mr Lees to mix two households though is it?
If that is the case, I could move in with my daughter and family.
But mixing two households isn’t allowed, even now.

Anniebach Sun 31-May-20 16:11:40

Lees hasn’t been fined or prosecuted so obviously his trip
was also a minor misdemeanour

annep1 Sun 31-May-20 16:09:48

Oh pleez it was to test his eyesight. He drove without being sure he could see well enough. I would laugh but it's not funny. Isolate 14 days? Nope! Doesn't matter what anyone else did. No buts. Not acceptable from chief government adviser.

MissAdventure Sun 31-May-20 16:06:07

So if Cummings only committed a minor misdemeanour, what's all the fuss about Lees, then?

MaizieD Sun 31-May-20 16:03:41

I'm sure that Mr /Lees did what any reasonable parent would have done....

Buffybee Sun 31-May-20 15:59:47

Well, according to the Police, Mr Cummings hasn’t broken any rules and driving to Barnard Castle was a minor misdemeanor.
Although, some on here still think they know better than the Police.

Luckygirl Sun 31-May-20 15:38:10

Either Cummings broke the rules or he didn't.

If he did, he should have resigned or been sacked.

What other people were doing is neither here nor there.

Anniebach Sun 31-May-20 15:24:58

To say Robin Lees was in the wrong to break the rules is not
defending Cummings or excusing Cummings,

vegansrock Sun 31-May-20 14:36:43

All those defending Cummings because others have done similar are just stating two wrongs make a right- they just want to excuse the inexcusable.

annep1 Sun 31-May-20 14:15:08

Buffybee we need to set a good example to young ones.