Gransnet forums

News & politics

Discuss ..I know what I think and its unrepeatable

(37 Posts)
paddyanne Sat 06-Jun-20 18:33:33

Undisclosed source from Downing Street says Dominic Cummings to be given a KNIGHTHOOD .

I'm spitting feathers ,What do you think?

Chewbacca Mon 08-Jun-20 08:12:24

Paddyann I'm astonished that you believed this! You're normally pretty savvy where fake news is concerned. Or was it a little bit of wishful thinking on your part so that you'd have another reason for being angry about Westminster? wink

lemongrove Mon 08-Jun-20 08:29:24

Am sure I read somewhere that Nichola Sturgeon is going to be canonised.??

Callistemon Mon 08-Jun-20 10:13:55

Norty lemongrove

Jabberwok Mon 08-Jun-20 12:24:21

Lemon! ???

Toadinthehole Mon 08-Jun-20 13:11:05

I hope this isn’t fake news. My husband was saying last week, that we should crowdfund a public prosecution against Dommy. We weren’t sure how to go about it, but apparently, so my son says, a lawyer is going to do just that! My son read it in The Guardian. Bring it on I say.

lemongrove Mon 08-Jun-20 13:14:53

Don’t waste your money Toad as it can’t possibly come to anything.

Oopsminty Mon 08-Jun-20 13:18:53

There's going to be an awful lot of people being prosecuted for breaking lockdown.

Good job it's not true

Absurd waste of money

Eloethan Mon 08-Jun-20 14:24:30

Perhaps this story arose because there was a (rejected) petition calling for Cummings to be knighted - and apparently there are rumours in journalistic circles of the same.

We'll have to wait and see won't we, but my guess is it would be politically very unwise to knight this man at the moment. That's not to say it will never happen.

Callistemon Mon 08-Jun-20 14:29:45

And, in the meantime, Philip Green is still a Sir
As is Richard Branson

They're ten a penny these days.

Luckygirl Mon 08-Jun-20 16:47:32

I have looked at the crowdfunding website and they are trying to raise £300,000 for the necessary legal fees - it is not brilliant that such a huge sum of money should line lawyers' pockets when the CPS should simply have dealt with Cummings in accordance with the law in the first place.

Toadinthehole Mon 08-Jun-20 18:43:58

I agree Luckygirl, but at least it would show how passionate people really are. It’s one thing to shout your disapproval, but quite another to part with hard cash. This has been one thing distracting us from the virus, which we may be able to sort out, unlike the other distractions, the Madeleine McCann case, which will probably be another dead end, and all these protests.