Gransnet forums

News & politics

Broad scale explanation of Black Lives Matter

(4 Posts)
NotSpaghetti Tue 09-Jun-20 19:49:54

The Gary Younge piece is interesting. I suppose the very level delivery is partly because he's an academic.

Thanks for reminding me about him GagaJo. I'm pretty sure I read something of his in the Guardian ages ago.

Also, my husband and I discussed the same stuff only yesterday Urmstongran. I really don't understand how students (and others) single out "shades" of abuses.
It's all pretty grim.

EllanVannin Tue 09-Jun-20 19:38:52

Henry Dundas, Clive of India and Thomas Picton are all coming down to be replaced by who ?

Urmstongran Tue 09-Jun-20 19:18:18

And yet.... Forget Cecil Rhodes. I checked the website for St Hugh‘s College, Oxford, and Aung San Suu Kyi is still listed as being an Honorary Fellow of the College. And this despite the involvement of this awful individual in the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar, and having been found to all intents and purposes banged to rights for complicity in this crime against humanity by the international court at the Hague.

What has come over Oxford students, and what are the Oxford authorities playing at, that this affront to basic decency continues without check or comment?

GagaJo Tue 09-Jun-20 11:58:04

Very good. Rational. Non-emotional. Analytical.

www.facebook.com/DoubleDownNews/videos/627430921199797/UzpfSTMzMDI1MDM0Mzg3MToxMDE1ODU0NTg3NDA4ODg3Mg/