Gransnet forums

News & politics

Why do far right protesters Attack the police?

(136 Posts)
vegansrock Sat 13-Jun-20 17:51:39

One would have thought that far right protesters would not be anti police. Why can’t they have a peaceful protest?

growstuff Mon 15-Jun-20 09:37:06

Has Carole Maloney issued a retraction?

growstuff Mon 15-Jun-20 09:48:17

They are mentally challenged/weak of thinking yobs. They're cannon fodder.

The real nasty pieces of work are the ones sitting in the background, begging for money from their supporters, inciting hatred, editing videos and photos and allegedly keeping their hands clean. If they are questioned for incitement to hatred, they play the victim card by expressing faux outrage, so their supporters are even more convinced that the establishment, including the police, is out to get them.

Stories about the dead horse and man with slashed throat are still circulating on social media. In fact, the man who allegedly slashed somebody's throat has been named. I hope he's being protected.

It's long been known that various right wing groups in the UK have links, some with established political parties. Saturday's violence was deliberate and orchestrated. There is absolutely no equivalence with BLM protests.

This is exactly what happened in 1930s Germany. I don't know how many times I've read that the whole of Germany was to blame because nobody did anything to stop it. Anybody who thinks that Saturday's "culture" (ho ho) protests were in any way justified is just the same as those Germans who did nothing.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Jun-20 10:02:08

growstuff

Has Carole Maloney issued a retraction?

Honestly, I haven't checked.

MaizieD Mon 15-Jun-20 10:24:43

Just checked her time-line. No retraction, though number of responses to her tweet putting her right on the fact that it was fake news.

Georgesgran Mon 15-Jun-20 10:24:59

I was horrified to see a video on my DDs phone, showing the riot in Newcastle. Film of the right wing thugs making their way across parkland spitting on and pushing people sitting on the grass and walking through their picnics.

They called themselves Defenders if Newcastle - not in my name - and claimed to be guarding the statue of Earl Grey. He was leader of the Government which abolished slavery!! How was that going to be vandalized???

When they realised they couldn’t get to the BLM crowd, held behind a line of Police Officers well away from the trouble, they started throwing bottles, bricks and flares at the nearest Police. Several were injured and one Police horse was hit in the face by a large object. Thankfully it’s rider managed to calm it.

Not saying there aren’t extremists muscling into BLM to incite trouble, but when the camera pans back to them, they’re singing!!

Awful scenes though - probably because there’s no football matches for the yobs to fight at? Hope the officers, two horses and dog hurt are all ok today.

jaylucy Mon 15-Jun-20 10:30:30

They are not protesting about anything. Just taking advantage of a situation to their advantage.
There always seems to be a small (relatively speaking) knot of people that think it is great fun to go out and deliberately hurt complete strangers, be it at football matches or demonstrations - purely to give those with a valid reason to be there, a bad name.
Have no idea why idiots like them feel it acceptable behaviour, but personally they should all be rounded up and slung in a cage!

growstuff Mon 15-Jun-20 10:46:40

Maizie Good! The trouble is that I saw some tweets just a couple of hours ago still claiming that the horse had died. We should all know how viruses act now! Once it's out there, it's very hard to control - same with tweets.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 15-Jun-20 10:57:09

I see Johnson has kicked the issue into touch with an enquiry.

No surprise, why actually do anything when you can get away with doing nothing?

Whitewavemark2 Mon 15-Jun-20 11:05:06

David Lammy’s comment

MaizieD Mon 15-Jun-20 11:17:37

I also went to the Reuters page that you posted, growstuff, and followed their links to the examples of the fake news being posted on social media. One of the facebook posts has clearly been removed, the other two have been checked by facebook and are flagged as fake news. The twitter ones remain ?