Gransnet forums

News & politics

Why do far right protesters Attack the police?

(135 Posts)
vegansrock Sat 13-Jun-20 17:51:39

One would have thought that far right protesters would not be anti police. Why can’t they have a peaceful protest?

Tweedle24 Sat 13-Jun-20 17:53:50

I suspect that they just get fired up and will attack anyone/anything that appears to be getting in their way.

Ilovecheese Sat 13-Jun-20 17:55:13

Maybe some of them have been in trouble with the police before, they do seem somewhat aggressive.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Jun-20 17:56:29

They are far right. It’s what the far right does. Always have.

Luckygirl Sat 13-Jun-20 17:59:02

The police are often between a rock and a hard place during these demonstrations - from whatever political standpoint. If they come down too hard, they can sometimes escalate the situation and face accusations of brutality; but if they stand back and leave things to develop, this often reduces the violence, but leaves them open to accusations of condoning the cause or allowing too much leeway, e.g. the Colston statue demonstration (which I think they got right).

The police are often seen as the enemy when they are trying to control a demonstration, and it does not matter what the political affiliation of the marchers is.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-Jun-20 17:59:46

So why are the far left attacking veterans with bottles and flares in Newcastle at the moment.

Both of the fars are capable of thuggery, to not acknowledge this is an act of political blindness

BlueBelle Sat 13-Jun-20 18:00:29

Because they are hate filled idiots and don’t have the brains to do anything other than strut their hate filled Bodies into fighting Anyone or anything with a different thought to themselves
ilovecheese’ are you always a lady of understatement *they do seem somewhat agressive so would you call a fighting tiger a little bit naughty ???

varian Sat 13-Jun-20 18:00:37

Far right protesters are mindless thugs. That's why they will attack the police or anyone else who gets in their way.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:02:48

Who are the far left gg13

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:05:30

Very funny WWMK2 .....why can you not admit that the far left is as bad as the far right.

EllanVannin Sat 13-Jun-20 18:06:32

So are the far-left football thugs too Varian. Labour used to send them to rallies etc.
The far-right are like a red rag to a bull towards the police because they know that police are racists but won't own up to it. Stands to sense when so many blacks are arrested as opposed to white, so what would you think ?

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:07:13

No gg13 I wasn’t trying to be funny. I’m trying to establish which far left group Is attacking veterans in Newcastle

EllanVannin Sat 13-Jun-20 18:07:56

Not a harmonious mixture I'd have said.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:08:12

I can absolutely admit the far left thugs are as bad as the far right, but at the moment you haven’t said who they are.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:11:41

I cannot remember anyone pushing to find the identity of the far left thugs last weekend throwing bricks and bicycles at police horses?

Oopsminty Sat 13-Jun-20 18:14:35

As GrannyGravy13 has just stated, it was not the far right who were throwing missiles and bicycles at horses.

welbeck Sat 13-Jun-20 18:15:41

well i guess they are the obverse of old hippies, these are the skin-heads of yesteryear, and every non-white person feared the skin-heads, with good reason.
so presumably this lot take exception to the very title, Black Lives Matter, (as some on here do, but i put that down to ignorance rather than out and out racism,) and so they want to march protest, cause a ruckus and resent the police stopping them from getting at BLM, esp the black ones.

Peardrop50 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:19:08

Not far left, not far right, let's not credit them with the intelligence to understand a political stance, they're just mindless thugs, brainless hooligans, idiots.

Hetty58 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:23:31

I always think of the range of political views as an almost closed circle. At the top we have the far right and left. They are, in fact, very similar - with their extreme views and inclination towards violence.

At the bottom of the circle are the majority, the 'middles' who tend to lean slightly to the right or left.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:24:52

If you are talking about the BLM last week gg13 they aren’t the far left. They are a protest group no political affiliation.

There is a difference.

Willow73 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:25:51

I'd like to know what these people would do if their son/daughter want to be a policeman/woman when they get old enough? Would they say they can't? My son wanted to be a policeman to help people and have a good career just like nurses and firemen do, there is always a bad egg in every basket. I am so upset by what is going on,how many of these people were clapping for them just the other weeks gone by?
I am very proud of my son and his professional job.

Starblaze Sat 13-Jun-20 18:31:12

I mean, this is now a very daft argument about which "side" has the most arseholes on it (oh shh, I could have used a worse word). It doesn't matter, policies and good causes matter. Bad people are gonna do bad things and no bad people are not responsible for them.

Starblaze Sat 13-Jun-20 18:31:44

That should say non bad people are not responsible for them.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:38:29

WWMK2 there have been far left activists identified wearing BLM shirts last week. One was standing next to the actor who gave an excellent speech.

I think anyone not recognising that there are violent thugs on either side is being naive.

Violence in any form will not solve anything anywhere.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-Jun-20 18:40:07

We have police officers in our extended family and they should not be subjected to violence or abuse!!!