Gransnet forums

News & politics

Mary Trump's tell-all book

(16 Posts)
varian Mon 20-Jul-20 14:32:35

Trump hit a new low in the lying stakes during an interview with Chris Wallace of Fox News Sunday.

The interview was especially combative when it touched on Covid-19, which has infected 3.7 million and killed more than 140,000 people in the US.

Wallace repeatedly pressed Trump about the death toll, which the president attempted to deflect by pointing to mortality rates in other countries and saying the US had “one of the lowest in the world”.

“That’s not true, sir,” Wallace said, correctly.

The argument continued, and Trump asked his press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, to “please bring me the mortality rate”.

“You have the numbers, please?” Trump asked. “Because I hear we have the best mortality rate. Number, number one low mortality rate.”

Waving a paper, Trump said: “I hope you show this on air, because it shows what fake news is about.”

“I don’t think I’m fake news,” Wallace said.

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/19/donald-trump-fox-news-sunday-chris-wallace-interview

Mary Trump's disclosures just confirm what sort of person Trump is and should serve as a warning to anyone inclined to vote for him again.

JenniferEccles Sun 19-Jul-20 09:46:50

Doesn’t every extended family have elements of jealousy and resentment from some members?

If you include the wider family, nieces, nephews, cousins etc there are bound to be some who have made a success of their lives and maybe left the others behind.

Now imagine if the successful person is as famous, and hugely divisive as Donald Trump and any family resentments and ill feeling have a perfect outlet.

We don’t need a degree in psychology work that out!

welbeck Sat 18-Jul-20 23:57:57

maybe the reality of his presidency was not what she had hoped for.

JenniferEccles Sat 18-Jul-20 22:26:53

Dollar signs I suspect Urms !

Urmstongran Sat 18-Jul-20 20:06:55

Well, she was in the Oval Office cheering his win after the last election. What changed, honey?
?

varian Sat 18-Jul-20 19:37:18

Surely it is right that Americans are told the truth about Trump before they are asked to re-elect him?

JenniferEccles Fri 17-Jul-20 23:09:55

The timing of the release of this book was chosen to cause the maximum problems for the President in the run up to the election of course.

Is the niece just cashing in on her family name? No doubt she hopes it will fly off the shelves.

I have my doubts from the rather tame ‘revelations’ mentioned in the Press.

Sparkling Fri 17-Jul-20 18:37:09

He is a clown, but the American public seem to like him, it’s curious why! Is there any family that’s not in some small way, dysfunctional, we all seem to think others have it better. Oh the wasted years.

Nandalot Fri 17-Jul-20 18:18:59

Read it yesterday. ( I managed to get first loan from library ebook collection). Much of it has been ‘ leaked’ by press. They seem a very dysfunctional family and the father appears to have a lot to answer for. I found it a bit repetitive and the order was a bit erratic at times but I am glad I read it. I don’t think any Trump supporters will believe a word of it!

Drum1234 Fri 17-Jul-20 17:55:16

But Ellan, he's not just any high profile businessman (which he is only because of family money, he is not a self made man), he's the president of the United States. Makes it all a bit more relevant to the world's future, don't you think? And actually, having read the first few pages, it is very interesting. I recommend it.

EllanVannin Fri 17-Jul-20 17:49:18

The book could be describing many who are like him, he's certainly not unique. Most high-profile businessmen are like this anyway.

Fennel Fri 17-Jul-20 17:38:28

and another one - the Mooch:
www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jul/17/the-guy-stinks-and-hes-a-racist-anthony-scaramucci-on-donald-trump
Why doesn't the Mooch stand against Trump fo president?
I've read about him in the past and admire his straight speaking.

varian Wed 15-Jul-20 19:46:28

Perhaps there is hope for the future of the US. Listen to this lifelong Republican who voted for Trump in 2016 and is now admitting that he was very mistaken

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/14/trump-republican-voters-who-changed-their-mind

varian Wed 15-Jul-20 17:45:37

There have been many "tell all " stories about Trump, but Mary Trump is unique in that she is not only the daughter of his older brother, but a qualified psychologist.

We should listen, but more importantly, the American voters should listen to what she has to say about this dangerous man.

Newatthis Wed 15-Jul-20 17:39:37

Is it available in the UK? I'm sure that trump's response to it will bee 'All lies - fake" etc! This is the response he gives to everything.

varian Tue 14-Jul-20 15:53:07

Too Much and Never Enough, a tell-all book about the Trump family written by the president's niece, comes out today – in spite of their best efforts to block it.

Mary Trump, a 55-year-old psychologist and businesswoman, describes her uncle as a "narcissist" in the book's prologue and claims he was "scarred for life" by parental neglect.

She also revealed that other members of his family do not support his presidency, including his sister Maryanne Trump Barry who reportedly referred to him as a "clown".

The publication of the book has clearly rattled Trump, his administration and other members of his family who have attempted to stop this from happening.

www.indy100.com/article/mary-trump-book-family-attempts-block-publication-9616466