Gransnet forums

News & politics

MoT date changes - don’t get caught out

(8 Posts)
Tweedle24 Sun 02-Aug-20 13:39:48

Don’t shout at me if, unlike me until a couple of days
ago, you all already knew this.

I just happened to catch the tail end of an interview where it was mentioned that the extended dates for some MoTs had been removed, At the beginning of the outbreak, we were told that our MoT dates had been extended for a few months. Mine, due normally in August, according to the Govuk website, had been delayed until December.

I checked yesterday and it had gone back to August 19th. Luckily, I was able to get it booked in for MoT and service on the 14th

Cabbie21 Sun 02-Aug-20 22:14:30

MOTs due between 30 March and 31 July are still extended for 6 months. Those due after that period must be tested as normal.

Teacheranne Sun 02-Aug-20 22:21:05

Mine was due on the 4th July but was extended until 4th Jan so I was able to renew my car tax. But I have just had the MOT done as part of a service and my brakes needed some attention so I decided to book it in early.

growstuff Sun 02-Aug-20 22:22:54

Mine was postponed, but I received notification that it's due by the third week of August.

gillybob Sun 02-Aug-20 22:37:12

I got mine this week thank you Tweedle and thankfully she passed with flying colours ✅

Lexisgranny Sun 02-Aug-20 22:56:58

Tweedle I just went on the DVLA Site to double check the date of mine, and it is still November. In case it is altered I filled in a request to have a text reminder sent to me one month before it is due.

Nortsat Mon 03-Aug-20 06:04:38

Good reminder Tweedle, we did get in a muddle with ours.

It’s all done now but we were a bit unsure for a while. ?

Tweedle24 Mon 03-Aug-20 15:15:51

growstuff I did not get a notification that it had changed back. I have now signed up for the text. I usually get a reminder from the garage but, I think being closed for all those weeks has upset the system.