Gransnet forums

News & politics

Priti Patel threatens the French with the Navy

(81 Posts)
biba70 Sat 08-Aug-20 12:09:23

re increased number of immigrants crossing the Channel.

Sense?

Whitewavemark2 Sun 09-Aug-20 15:34:42

Brexit soon. Perhaps the refugees would be happy to fill all the spare jobs for a time until they find their feet?

Sprouts need picking, hospital beds need making, elderly need caring etc all efficiently done by a EU person at the moment.

MaizieD Sun 09-Aug-20 15:50:15

Oopsminty

Here's the link

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/sep/21/claim-asylum-uk-legal-position

Thanks, Oopsminty

But I think I'll go with the more recent interpretation by a Professor of Law

growstuff Sun 09-Aug-20 16:00:01

Maybe the UK should take a similar number of refugees per capita as Lebanon has. Currently there at least a million refugees in Lebanon. The population of the UK is about ten times the population of Lebanon, so that's about 10 million.

Lilypops Sun 09-Aug-20 17:20:52

Growstuff. I never said they are going to Aberdeen. I said are they being tested. Before they set foot on British soil , who knows where they end up , they can still spread the virus wherever they go in U.K.

Oopsminty Sun 09-Aug-20 17:31:27

MaizieD

Oopsminty

Here's the link

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/sep/21/claim-asylum-uk-legal-position

Thanks, Oopsminty

But I think I'll go with the more recent interpretation by a Professor of Law

Fine by me!

I thought you'd have known about Corinna Ferguson.

www.oldsquare.co.uk/news-and-media/news/old-square-chambers-welcomes-corinna-ferguson

www.judiciary.uk/announcements/appointment-of-a-salaried-employment-judge-of-the-employment-tribunals-england-and-wales-ferguson/