Gransnet forums

News & politics

A group has been created with the aim of removing the government

(360 Posts)
Grany Fri 21-Aug-20 08:54:39

This government is useless in everything they are doing or not doing. Demonstrations have not been effective. So an online group has been created which it hopes can spread gain millions of people with aim of then saying look we want to remove this useless government.

So what do GNetters think could this work?

Colin Blakemore

I am creating A group of like minded individuals to remove the government

remove-the-tory-government.mn.co/posts/7581420?utm_source=manual&fbclid=IwAR2Nii9jMWIx_P9tkGczfw0xXmVWo34lUDnUwoJ1IZiFSDanxeXmX1XyV5k

Ramblingrose22 Fri 21-Aug-20 15:03:23

varian - this is the chap:

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/9f-PzVmkc0G7YRhsYFDR7SL15DA/appointments

Hope the link works.

Jabberwok Fri 21-Aug-20 15:04:45

The lib /dems can't even elect a new leader! What hope of a coalition that could agree on anything, never mind everything!
As you say annie, clear as mud!!!

Ramblingrose22 Fri 21-Aug-20 15:05:25

PS I see he used to be a car salesman!

varian Fri 21-Aug-20 15:08:04

Your Colin Blakemore doesn't sound anywhere near as distinguished as mine Ramblingrose. How do we know which it is?

varian Fri 21-Aug-20 15:09:30

If he was a car salesman he could well be up to the standard of the current govt ministers. Gavin Williamson used to be a fireplace salesman.

Callistemon Fri 21-Aug-20 15:14:34

What snobby remarks!

I think they are uncalled for, and no, I do not have any car salesmen in the family so have no axe to grind.

Anniebach Fri 21-Aug-20 15:23:22

I dismissed Sir Colin Blakemore , surely someone who studies
development of the brain wouldn’t come up with starting a
group to throw out the government?

Callistemon Fri 21-Aug-20 15:26:41

He could be very busy trying to work out how their brains work ?

varian Fri 21-Aug-20 15:27:21

Sorry Callistemon You're probably right but my most recent experience of dealing with a car salesman who turned out to be a conman has probably coloured my view. From what I've seen of Gavin Williamson I'd also be a bit wary when dealing with a fireplace salesman.

POGS Fri 21-Aug-20 15:31:18

varian

Your link to an individual Fri 21-Aug-20 14:22:00 does not state this is the person I asked Grany about but I suggest you think about getting GNHQ to remove it.

Dinahmo Fri 21-Aug-20 15:33:22

GrannyGravy13

I was once informed by a GN member that it was the intelligent thing to do, to change ones mind/actions when it is found that your original thoughts/plans are wrong or detrimental

The Government have changed the policy on exam results.......good decision? of course not because it is the Conservatives.

So, the govt are to be commended because they changed their minds? What's wrong with expecting a govt to do the right thing in the first place? They had plenty of opportunity to get it right but chose to ignore the advice that they were given. If you haven't already, please read a week in Tory w/e 17th August. That sets out the numerous twists and turns made by the govt.

varian Fri 21-Aug-20 15:36:08

Why POGS? I just googled the name as others will no doubt do and if, as it seems, the person who came up is not this chap, is it not a good thing that we know that?

I imaging that various men with the same name get bothered by being misidentified, but I would like to know how we are supposed to know which one is behind this scheme.

Callistemon Fri 21-Aug-20 15:39:24

Sorry Callistemon You're probably right but my most recent experience of dealing with a car salesman who turned out to be a conman has probably coloured my view.

They're not all Delboys ?

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, varian but I think you can come across conmen in all walks of life.

Ramblingrose22 Fri 21-Aug-20 15:45:25

No need to take offence Callistemon. It was entirely factual and I didn't say "used car salesman". Pay attention please and don't read into things what was not intended.

He is multi-talented actually. I have just found that he has also been a private investigator, is a wedding photographer and is qualified as a Maths teacher.

He describes himself as "Proud to be a European, British, English Cornishman and I would like a world without borders!"

varian - it's all out there on the internet.

Dinahmo Fri 21-Aug-20 15:45:41

Illte

I'll just ask again.

How would we select the members if the new coalition? Practically. The actual process not the ideology.

Who would be running the country while whatever it is is being put into place?

All we need is for a large number of Tory MPs to resign the Whip and to stand as independents so that Johnson no longer has a mandate. The way would then be paved for a coalition govt.

varian Fri 21-Aug-20 15:47:41

We got very near to that happening a year ago, but sadly it seems far less likely now.

POGS Fri 21-Aug-20 15:52:42

Rambling Rose

Thank you for your link I believe this to be the person to whom Grany has asked GN posters to join and give money to. Of course we may be wrong but I am sure Grany will provide answers.

So it appears 'IF' this is the gentleman he has 4 activist business's

1) Car Sales

2) Director of a Private Investigators.

3) Director /Entrepreneur of a Visual Celebrations company.

4) Director and Secretary of a Property Business.

No idea if the ' the group' Grany has put a link to asking GN posters to join has to even be registered, no idea how it works.

As a disclaimer the above is not produced for accuracy I suggest others make their own decisions.

I still want answers to the questions asked in my post at 13.37 from Grany to clarify to whom and what the details are of the person she is asking GN posters to support.

Thank you.

Callistemon Fri 21-Aug-20 15:55:21

No need to take offence Callistemon. It was entirely factual and I didn't say "used car salesman". Pay attention please and don't read into things what was not intended.

I haven't taken offence. But it came across as a rather derogatory remark, especially with the punctuation.
You were rather selective, then, in how you first described him.

Pay attention please
Yes, ma-am!!

POGS Fri 21-Aug-20 15:59:28

Rambling Rose

'No need to take offence Callistemon. It was entirely factual and I didn't say "used car salesman". Pay attention please and don't read into things what was not intended.'
-
I might be wrong but was Callistemon responding to anything you said.?

Callistemon Fri 21-Aug-20 16:04:11

What constitutes a group?
3 or more?

27 at the last count and £306 raised.

Perhaps Colin wants to add Prime Minister to his CV.
He needs to go through the democratic processes first.

Callistemon Fri 21-Aug-20 16:06:59

I might be wrong but was Callistemon responding to anything you said.?

I confess that I was, POGS, it was *Ramblingrose's post of 15:05:25

!

Grany Fri 21-Aug-20 16:09:06

POGS

I am not asking anyone to join this group. I just brought this to GN for discussion asking Gransnetters Do they think this could work? Looking for opinions.

I only saw it yesterday on Facebook this person seems like he has a good idea good intentions. People have joined and commented and shared on social media.

Like you all I don't know Colin Blakemore you can google him it is up to individuals wether to join this group.

It is non partisan no particular party meaning anyone even Tory voters can join if they have changed their mind about supporting this government.

POGS Fri 21-Aug-20 16:15:00

Callistemon

Thank you.

Rambling Rose please accept my apology.

Ramblingrose22 Fri 21-Aug-20 16:49:00

POGS - apology accepted.

Grany - my views as to whether a group such as the one this person has created could realistically remove the current Government before the next General Election are that it could not. I know that social media has enabled many people to band together but the scale that would be needed here is colossal.

Their plan sounds unconvincing and many questions are unanswered.

The best hope for the new group is to register as a new political party to fight the next election. They would need funding to campaign and it is very hard for minor parties to break through the first past the post system.

I agree with Dinahmo that "All we need is for a large number of Tory MPs to resign the Whip and to stand as independents so that Johnson no longer has a mandate. The way would then be paved for a coalition govt."

MPs rarely resign the Whip - it is usually the party that suspends or expels them. The numbers would have to be large enough to remove the Tory majority in the House of Commons and unfortunately that is very unlikely to happen.

Illte Fri 21-Aug-20 17:07:56

I know I'm banging on about this but I am genuinely interested in how it could be done. So much so that I tried to Google how a coalition could be formed and I can't see how.

So just imagine there's a massive national move against the Government, they all resign, then what actually happens if its not another election?

Who would decide who was in the coalition? How would it actually work? OP? Anybody?