Gransnet forums

News & politics

A group has been created with the aim of removing the government

(360 Posts)
Grany Fri 21-Aug-20 08:54:39

This government is useless in everything they are doing or not doing. Demonstrations have not been effective. So an online group has been created which it hopes can spread gain millions of people with aim of then saying look we want to remove this useless government.

So what do GNetters think could this work?

Colin Blakemore

I am creating A group of like minded individuals to remove the government

remove-the-tory-government.mn.co/posts/7581420?utm_source=manual&fbclid=IwAR2Nii9jMWIx_P9tkGczfw0xXmVWo34lUDnUwoJ1IZiFSDanxeXmX1XyV5k

Galaxy Wed 26-Aug-20 22:06:15

I know this will astound you but not everyone in the labour party thinks the same as you grandad.

Grandad1943 Wed 26-Aug-20 22:17:13

Well, it could be that some who state they are committed Labour supporters are in reality Tory Lite supporters or even Lib Dems with no commitment to any policies, principles or cause.

Galaxy Wed 26-Aug-20 22:27:38

Absolutely, you are spot on - lying on GN about my political affiliation is a real thrill.

growstuff Wed 26-Aug-20 22:33:58

Galaxy

Absolutely, you are spot on - lying on GN about my political affiliation is a real thrill.

Apparently you need to pass a purity test to vote Labour. I'm not sure how Labour is going to increase its votes and win an election, if that's the case.

Galaxy Wed 26-Aug-20 22:39:37

No it's always been tricky for some people to understand that in order for labour to win they need some tory and lib dem voters to vote for labour. I assume when that happens those voters magically become good people as opposed to the terrible disgusting people they were at the last election.

Lucca Wed 26-Aug-20 22:51:24

Jabberwok

confused

Oh, confused?

Grandad1943 Wed 26-Aug-20 22:55:38

I very much respect the former Labour supporters in the North of England who voted Tory at the last election. They now have the Brexit that so many polled for in the EU referendum and the Blair administration did little for those North of Enland Labour supporters throughout their years in government.

Those former Labour voters polled in the last General Election in accordance to their declared desires and principles and gained the Tories their victory.

The Liberal Democrats wished to overturn the EU referendum result and in that demonstrated no principles and therefore obtained very few votes and even less in parliamentary seats.

When people and organisations hold no firm views they gain no firm support.

JenniferEccles Wed 26-Aug-20 22:56:29

Galaxy ?

Galaxy Wed 26-Aug-20 23:08:50

I live in the North East so if I am a tory lite supporter as you claim I am now one of the good guys. Its quite hard to keep up with my changing fortunes.