Gransnet forums

News & politics

So, did he go to Perugia incognito - or not?

(139 Posts)
biba70 Mon 21-Sep-20 12:21:25

Shame, if I had known he was so close to where we were on holiday, I would have gone to have 'a word' in his ear.

Blinko Wed 23-Sep-20 19:42:40

I haven't read all the posts, but to address the original post, it seems the airport people got Johnson and Blair confused. Foreign politicians all look alike apparently.

It was in fact Blair who went through the airport.

biba70 Wed 23-Sep-20 16:52:14

Thank you for being gracious about it.

Lexisgranny Wed 23-Sep-20 13:16:57

biba70. Apology accepted. Yes, I did watch Panorama.

MawB2 Tue 22-Sep-20 13:49:05

Sorry - personal issues

biba70 Tue 22-Sep-20 13:34:03

FAir enough - but as you proposed it...

MawB2 Tue 22-Sep-20 13:22:07

My mind is on other matters today Biba - not in a frame of mind to really get involved

biba70 Tue 22-Sep-20 13:20:11

MawB2- excellent idea- will you? Otherwise some of us will be accused of being so predictable ;)

biba70 Tue 22-Sep-20 13:19:15

Lexisgranny ''biba70 I strongly object to your assumption that anyone opposing your views would not have watched Panorama. I make a point of watching most of the political discussions and documentary programmes, but with an open mind. ''

My sincere apologies - my post should have been clearer, as the you was for some on here who regularly come up with very strong views, but say themselves they do not watch the BBC and other documentaries, or read other press and links than the one paper they read.

I am so glad this does not apply to you. We all try to have an open mind, but the facts given in Panorama last night, were backed with very strong evidence. BTW did you watch?

PECS Tue 22-Sep-20 12:32:50

What happened to baptism?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 22-Sep-20 12:23:31

It will be a non -issue before very long as the back benchers want him gone. He is no longer Boris he is now Johnson

Tim Walker
@ThatTimWalker
Johnson has only himself to blame for the belligerent attitude he and Cummings fostered about #Covid_19 restrictions. One Tory backbencher to me: ‘If it’s not if but when there’s a second lockdown, it’s not if but when Johnson goes.’ Note Johnson. No one calls him Boris any more.

Callistemon Tue 22-Sep-20 12:20:32

The problem is that a frivolous non-story about Johnson's apparent skills in teletransportation has become confused with far more serious issues which really deserve a thread of their own.

MawB2 Tue 22-Sep-20 12:02:13

The OP was not a statement, nor an accusation, but clearly written as a question
To which the answer is “Not”.
Granted
I also grant that Johnson like others before him has lied or misled, but
not on this occasion .
So if anybody wants to start a discussion on politicians’ probity or otherwise, why don’t they?
I would say this one is dead in the water.

MaizieD Tue 22-Sep-20 12:00:00

LauraNorder

Several posters discredited on this thread. Makes serious political discussion difficult elsewhere.

As you don't actually contribute very much to serious political discussion I don't see why this should worry you...

LauraNorder Tue 22-Sep-20 11:52:35

Several posters discredited on this thread. Makes serious political discussion difficult elsewhere.

Sparklefizz Tue 22-Sep-20 11:35:43

5 pages of comments on an OP based on fake news! Johnson was having his child Christened at Westminster.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 22-Sep-20 10:56:25

Panorama raised so many questions, but it simply adds more fuel to what we already aware of

Ben Scoble

“Russia Report
Tennis Matches
Donations
Chumocracy
Panama Papers
Brexit
Now FinCen

All just background noise?
For what?”

Lexisgranny Tue 22-Sep-20 10:39:21

biba70 I strongly object to your assumption that anyone opposing your views would not have watched Panorama. I make a point of watching most of the political discussions and documentary programmes, but with an open mind. I am currently what is generally known as a floating voter, but I do believe in fair play, something I have found sadly lacking in some of the posts here.

Lucca Tue 22-Sep-20 10:26:03

No reply as per.

Jaberwok Tue 22-Sep-20 10:24:17

No PM has been as dishonest!! Quote Mrs May: (several times) ' Brexit means Brexit '. It didn't!! 'No deal is better than a bad deal'!! It soon became obvious that for M.M it wasn't!! Compromise was the order of the day! That much did become very clear, so why not say so in the first place? D.C who was going to activate article 50 the day after the referendum! He didn't! Instead he ran away, so you can add political cowardice to an obvious lie! At least no one can accuse Boris of that!

biba70 Tue 22-Sep-20 10:05:34

The OP was not a statement, nor an accusation, but clearly written as a question. And yes, the constant lies over a long period of time by this PM, means that speculation will always be in the air- and in this case, due to his frequent visits to Russian Oligarchs in the Perugia region in the past.

I certainly hope, but doubt, sadly - that some of you watched Panorama last night- and thus realise how those connections, with our top banking institutions,, and links to PM and other senior politicians- is a very serious matter indeed. And probably the only reason why ERG wanted Brexit- to avoid scrutiny. Perugia or not is by the by.

PECS Tue 22-Sep-20 09:59:07

Ooops! Sorry lemongrove!

As I said I did not know about the accusation but as it was reported in an apparently reputable newspsper I think it understandable that a thread would occur.... like when Jezza apparently wore the wrong coatto the cenotaph..a non story!

trisher Tue 22-Sep-20 09:54:58

It's the "Boy who cried Wolf" surely Boris with his expensive education knows about that!!? Maybe his nanny wasn't as good as Rees Mogg's and didn't tell him stories.

Barmeyoldbat Tue 22-Sep-20 09:43:35

Even his own party don't believe him because of his habit of lying.

Lucca Tue 22-Sep-20 09:39:22

Sorry but I’d like Jabberwok to recognise that I for example did not join in the thread except to explain as MawB2 did how the error arose.

Lexisgranny Tue 22-Sep-20 09:26:49

I would really love it it someone had the courage to say “we were wrong” without qualifying it or making excuses. After all you have called on the Prime Minister to do it. Yet again, double standards,