Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump throwing his toys out of the pram

(1000 Posts)
suziewoozie Thu 08-Oct-20 13:48:09

Won’t do a virtual debate - should be empty chaired. Good news

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Oct-20 13:50:45

Well I wouldn’t hold your breath. That’s his initial reaction, he could easily change his mind.

suziewoozie Thu 08-Oct-20 13:54:23

But that would be a sign of weakness surely and we all know he’s a strong Leader ?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Oct-20 13:57:17

Well, would he look weak running away from the debate?

TwiceAsNice Thu 08-Oct-20 13:57:37

PLEASE let him lose the election and then we won’t have to put up with him any longer. He is a madman !

rosecarmel Thu 08-Oct-20 13:59:04

Pence made a rude ass of himself last night on the debate stage- Same shtick as Trump-

midgey Thu 08-Oct-20 13:59:44

America is full of clever people, how on earth did they end up with those two for election!

rosecarmel Thu 08-Oct-20 14:00:09

Money

MaizieD Thu 08-Oct-20 14:05:30

we could ask the same question about our PM..

The US seems to have an even more undemocratic voting system than we do.

suziewoozie Thu 08-Oct-20 14:14:55

The Senate must be the most undemocratic elected house in the ‘free’ world.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Oct-20 14:22:18

Trump called Harris a monster and a communist in an interview with Fox News. He has history of making outrageous comments about women, particularly women of colour.

He is loosing, we must expect to become used to this sort of rhetoric - it can only get worse.

dorabelle100 Thu 08-Oct-20 14:27:09

well, i'm for Trump i think he's great - not a warmonger - puts America first, loves the UK - got the chinese checked - i could go on..... but Go Trump go - the world needs you

suziewoozie Thu 08-Oct-20 14:29:19

dorabelle100

well, i'm for Trump i think he's great - not a warmonger - puts America first, loves the UK - got the chinese checked - i could go on..... but Go Trump go - the world needs you

Oh dear

Bathsheba Thu 08-Oct-20 14:32:51

Looks like Trump has joined Gransnet under a pseudonym.

Starblaze Thu 08-Oct-20 14:36:43

Stop it dorabelle

The almost universal dislike of Trump here is a lovely change from arguing ahem I mean debating.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Oct-20 14:43:49

dorabelle100

Good programme from Grayson Perry who argued that Trump appeals to emotion rather than rational.

So this is why feelings have become more important than facts to Trump supporters and they prefer to believe what they feel rather than evidence, which they reject. It is weird, but I’m sure that nationalists in the U.K. recognise exactly the same emotional appeal.

I think there is a lot of truth in what he was saying and typical of the sort of appeal of populism.

suziewoozie Thu 08-Oct-20 14:43:50

I’ve just listened to his latest rant on Fox. He is evil and a danger to the world. I’ll say it again, the world would be a better place without him. He’s just implicitly blamed getting the virus on a gold star military family. The utter b*****d

Urmstongran Thu 08-Oct-20 14:49:03

I’m with you dorabelle. We’re in the minority on here though.
*shrug
?

varian Thu 08-Oct-20 14:50:00

Pence may not be such a repulsive narcissistic as Trump but he is still very dangerous.

Amongst other things he is a "creationist" who does not believe in evolution and wants creationism taught in American schools.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Oct-20 14:50:01

Urmstongran

I’m with you dorabelle. We’re in the minority on here though.
*shrug
?

I rest my case

Urmstongran Thu 08-Oct-20 15:00:12

All views count. Especially at the polling station.

rosecarmel Thu 08-Oct-20 15:01:30

dorabelle100

I have to agree with you regarding China- The U.S. has totally enabled horrendous Chinese practices, turning a blind eye in exchange for personal gain/finances- As consumers, we end up with unsafe junk- And Tilda Swinton cast as the Ancient One- Enough! (I adore Tilda by the way ..)

And the Ukraine/Biden debackle? Nepotism-

True he is not a war monger- Abroad- Yet threatened to take military action against American demomstrators!

I could go on, too ..

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Oct-20 15:04:39

I loved the comment Pence made to Harris. “You are not entitled to your own facts”

He obviously has not been paying any attention to Trump’s facts?????

rosecarmel Thu 08-Oct-20 15:14:43

?

merlotgran Thu 08-Oct-20 15:25:43

Bathsheba

Looks like Trump has joined Gransnet under a pseudonym.

In which case we must extend our usual warm welcome. grin grin

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion