Gransnet forums

News & politics

Matt Hancock crying

(65 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Tue 08-Dec-20 21:41:49

Did anyone see Matt Hancock crying on GMB this morning after the William Shakespeare (first man to get the vaccine) clip? Nice to know Tories are human after all!

Grannynannywanny Thu 17-Dec-20 17:25:24

effalump

I'd just like to know what medical/health qualifications he has

Your post aroused my curiosity and I googled to see his background. He has a BA in Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE!)

effalump Thu 17-Dec-20 14:11:44

I'd just like to know what medical/health qualifications he has. confused

BlueBelle Sat 12-Dec-20 19:39:33

Looked very false when I saw it

varian Sat 12-Dec-20 18:55:21

They are all actors, or at least idiots putting on an act, but some of them are better than others at hiding their insinsincerity.

Grannynannywanny Sat 12-Dec-20 18:29:11

Dinahmo I agree. I thought he looked like he was trying to stifle an inappropriate laugh.

Dinahmo Sat 12-Dec-20 18:20:42

I saw the covid clip last night on "The Last Leg". Didn't think he was crying at all, in fact it looked closer to a laugh.

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 08:25:30

I didn’t think there were tears, but I could be wrong.
If I were auditioning him for a play or even a pantomime based on what I saw (and unrelated to his political status) I wouldn’t award him the part. Sorry.

Sparkling Sat 12-Dec-20 08:15:01

What a lot of bitter spiteful bias comments, no shred if compassion.
Disco dancer I agree with you, there was and is no one answer. We could have been locked up like Spain or France and people would say their human rights were violated. I just hope none of you are ever on a Jury. Any responsible person knows how it's transmitted it's up to us until we get that vaccine.

DiscoDancer1975 Fri 11-Dec-20 10:40:21

So how is that different to any other government then? They’re all corrupt when it suits them. What do you think they should have done? Perhaps they should have locked people in their homes until they were either dead, or recovered, like in the Bubonic plague! I did say I am NOT a Tory voter, I can just see, that in this instance, we were told what to do, and people didn’t do it. NO government could have controlled that, short of putting troops on the streets. We need to take responsibility for ourselves, and not blame the government.

Dinahmo Fri 11-Dec-20 10:26:52

DiscoDancer1975

I didn’t see it. I’m not a Tory voter, but I think they’ve done as well as anyone else would have. We’re probably the most affected country because we’re so densely populated. No room to move. I think I heard somewhere that the Prime Minister of Sweden? Not sure, but whoever it was is very pleased with themselves for keeping covid numbers down. Easy when there’s only 5 million people and loads of space!

How can you (and Jabberwok ) think this govt's done as well as anyone else could? A govt that's messed up track and trace and that's handed over billions to friends and relations for PPE? I don't think we've had such a corrupt govt for many years.

DiscoDancer1975 Fri 11-Dec-20 09:43:18

Thank you Jaberwok. growstuff, it’s no use coming in now complaining, you should have been there at the beginning with your expertise and wisdom, and saved us all, including the government, a lot of heartache!

grannyrebel7 Thu 10-Dec-20 15:21:34

My post was only meant to be light hearted. I've got nothing against him and yes he's had a really tough year.

growstuff Thu 10-Dec-20 15:06:33

Why do some people have a victim complex?

biba70 Thu 10-Dec-20 15:04:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jaberwok Thu 10-Dec-20 14:56:36

I totally agree with you DiscoDancer1975. However there is only one point of view that's acceptable on here over most things so there's just no point trying to put forward anything else, you'll just get sneered and jeered at, so best to keep quiet. At least you weren't told not to be silly!!

growstuff Thu 10-Dec-20 14:26:12

We're the most affected country because the government can't make up its mind what it's doing, does everything too late, isn't transparent, tries to blame everybody else, indulges in blatant cronyism and doesn't support people who should be quarantined practically. It's lost trust and credibility.

DiscoDancer1975 Thu 10-Dec-20 14:15:43

I didn’t see it. I’m not a Tory voter, but I think they’ve done as well as anyone else would have. We’re probably the most affected country because we’re so densely populated. No room to move. I think I heard somewhere that the Prime Minister of Sweden? Not sure, but whoever it was is very pleased with themselves for keeping covid numbers down. Easy when there’s only 5 million people and loads of space!

growstuff Thu 10-Dec-20 14:08:43

I think Hancock is very weak and has sold his soul to be a cabinet minister and really isn't up to it. However, I don't think he's an evil human being.

growstuff Thu 10-Dec-20 14:06:33

Apologies! Just reread Alegrias's post and realised she meant the average death rate had never been over 500.

growstuff Thu 10-Dec-20 14:04:16

Alegrias2

I often agree with you Grany but I take issue with your comment about the death rate being more than 600 a day. The average death rate in the UK for the last 2 weeks has been around 435 a day, and never higher than 500 for the whole second wave.

Tuesday's reported deaths are usually high because of the way the reporting system works. It doesn't help to disseminate inaccurate numbers.

Not true. The death rate has been over 500 a number of times. It was 533 yesterday.

7 days ago, the 7 day average was 452. Thank goodness, the 7 day average has come down to 412, but that's still high and will, no doubt, increase a couple of weeks after Christmas.

biba70 Thu 10-Dec-20 11:18:40

100% phony

Grany Wed 09-Dec-20 19:39:48

Alegrias2 ?

Alegrias2 Wed 09-Dec-20 16:45:02

Grany ? I'm a geek, can't help it. ?

Grany Wed 09-Dec-20 16:29:02

Okay Alegrias2 I must have got my numbers from wrong source glad to be put right good numbers are going down now Thanks.

Dinahmo Wed 09-Dec-20 13:56:23

Hancock was also crying on Monday morning. The reason then was him mentioning the recent death of his step grandfather from covid. I suggest that brought the catastrophe a little closer to home.