Gransnet forums

News & politics

Today's PMQs- Johnson deflecting questions as usual.

(61 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 16-Dec-20 14:20:01

Septimia

All politicians deflect questions all the time. So what's new?

Yup!
It’s what they all do, some have more clever ways of doing it and are smoother and better at it, is all.
PMQ’s is a waste of time and always has been.It’s about which side can put one over on the other side.

MayBee70 Wed 16-Dec-20 14:19:55

MaizieD

Before Al was elected as leader of the tory party I read an anecdote about his tendency to repeat just about the same 'speech', and behaviours, at after dinner speaking engagements.

I recall this story every time I see PMQs (and I've watched most of them since April) because Johnson actually seems to repeat the same lines every single time. Very often they have nothing at all to do with the question asked, Nothing at all. He's made one 'speech' do about 7 month's worth of work!

Still, we have world beating death figures. What more could we ask for? hmm

Yes, I read that article, too. He really is a one trick pony isn’t he.

MaizieD Wed 16-Dec-20 14:18:00

Whitewavemark2

Not all politicians lie

It's the tory voters' comfort blanket, Wwmk2. They have no other defence...

Blinko Wed 16-Dec-20 14:16:14

Must admit, I can't see any point in PMQs whilst the present incumbent remains in No.10. Total obfuscation and bluster.

MaizieD Wed 16-Dec-20 14:15:38

Before Al was elected as leader of the tory party I read an anecdote about his tendency to repeat just about the same 'speech', and behaviours, at after dinner speaking engagements.

I recall this story every time I see PMQs (and I've watched most of them since April) because Johnson actually seems to repeat the same lines every single time. Very often they have nothing at all to do with the question asked, Nothing at all. He's made one 'speech' do about 7 month's worth of work!

Still, we have world beating death figures. What more could we ask for? hmm

Whitewavemark2 Wed 16-Dec-20 14:14:01

Not all politicians lie

GrannyGravy13 Wed 16-Dec-20 14:13:51

I was just about to post exactly the same Septima

Septimia Wed 16-Dec-20 14:12:04

All politicians deflect questions all the time. So what's new?

MayBee70 Wed 16-Dec-20 14:00:40

He just turns every question into another question and makes out that any criticism of the government is a criticism of the NHS or key workers. Why doesn’t the speaker make him actually answer the questions?or indeed why are no MP’s made to answer the questions put to them?

Pantglas2 Wed 16-Dec-20 13:32:54

The changes in Wales are not to the Rules but to the Guidance.....? aren’t we lucky to have our very own buffoon!

Dinahmo Wed 16-Dec-20 13:25:23

The PM as usual was ignoring the questions and coming up with totally different answers including the subject of Cummings payrise. He also informed the House that the 4 nations were unanimous and at the same the Welsh spokesman was announcing changes to the rules in Wales.

How much longer can we put up with this lying buffoon?