Gransnet forums

News & politics

Why do some get away with it?

(80 Posts)
Pantglas2 Wed 23-Dec-20 21:31:31

In view of Stephen Kinnock, Dominic Cummings, royal family et al misdeeds- how come no mention of Nicola Sturgeons recent ‘oh dear, I made a mistake, forgive me, cos I’m special’?

I did think there would be a discussion.....

SueDonim Thu 24-Dec-20 22:04:17

It seems as though no one has put any effort into doing something to ameliorate the situation, Callistemon.

I thought that 13yo boy dying all alone back at the start of the pandemic would have concentrated minds to come up with a better way to do things but here we are, nine months on and nothing has changed. sad

Ps as far as NS is concerned, I don’t think she should lose her job. It wasn’t a deliberate twisting of the rules, it’s something that any of us could do inadvertently, unlike driving to Durham or visiting out holiday cottage.

Jane10 Thu 24-Dec-20 22:10:12

SueDonim what a sad situation for your friend.
I suppose there are scenes like this going on all over the country. This evening we saw a neighbour being taken away in an ambulance. Nobody allowed to go with her and not sure which hospital she'll be taken to. A bleak midwinter day for her.

SueDonim Thu 24-Dec-20 22:50:49

flowers Jane10.

Jane10 Fri 25-Dec-20 11:31:20

Thanks SueDonim. This poor lady is over 90 and has no family. She's only just been discharged from hospital last week. We have no way of finding out how she is or where she's gone. On the bright side maybe she'll have a cheerier Christmas in hospital. I hope so.