Gransnet forums

News & politics

The other title is totally out of sink- this is orchestrated fascism

(219 Posts)
biba70 Wed 06-Jan-21 21:29:06

in the USA, right not. Let's not talk about 'throwing toys out of pram'.

Never forget the armed thugs and domestic terrorists currently storming the Capitol in Washington DC, didn’t come from nowhere.
They are the end result of a carefully orchestrated strategy to destabilise the US, allowed to work by the power-greed and self-interest of politicians and media pundits, at least some of whom knew what Trump was and that his dog whistle fascism was very wrong.
There are many, many connections between Trump’s story and the people currently running the U.K. - not just similarities but the same shadowy figures, the same strategies, the same data harvesting and dark disinformation campaigns.

varian Fri 15-Jan-21 16:26:03

The Federal Aviation Administration has vowed to take action against anyone who endangers flight safety after Trump supporters reportedly disrupted flights last week with chants and racist taunting.

www.npr.org/2021/01/14/956927658/airlines-brace-for-flight-disruptions-by-trump-supporters-ahead-of-inauguration?t=1610727683812

nanna8 Fri 15-Jan-21 11:42:45

We went n a cruise just before this Covid thing hit and there were stacks of Americans on board. We would dine with some of them from time to time and a lot of them were Trump supporters. They sincerely believed he had turned the country round and got everyone working again and was the best President for years. I had uneasy visions of the rise of Hitler.

Lolo81 Wed 13-Jan-21 17:52:52

youtu.be/B7kCqrlwDtU

I’m not 100% sure I’ve done this correctly, but if I have please have a watch of this - it’s very very funny.

Chewbacca Wed 13-Jan-21 17:51:04

I can believe that Lucca. Sounds about right.

Lucca Wed 13-Jan-21 17:38:28

Have you seen the video of two trump supporters saying “Donald Trump is a genius. That’s what the J stands for “ ??

Dinahmo Wed 13-Jan-21 15:39:29

My SIL fell out with her daughter and son over Brexit. She's someone who believed everything written in the Daily Express and shouted at the tv whenever a Remainer appeared. She believed the lies that were told at the time and wouldn't listen to anybody else.

My BIL had Parkinsons and a Polish carer came in once a week so that she could have a respite. When he heard her sounding off against foreigners he riposted and her response "oh I didn't mean people like you" Her daughter still has nothing to do with her.

I am left of centre as are most of my friends. The one or two who are Tories were opposed to Brexit but we tended not to discuss other politics. One friend, now no longer with us, sadly, knew I wasn't interested in babies and didn't force photos on me, although I always took an interest and asked to see any new pics. She knew I was a Labour supporter and she was a Tory and we agreed not to talk politics or babies.

M0nica Wed 13-Jan-21 14:47:28

I understand that this is one of the reasons for proceeding with impeachment, even though the process will extend ;long beyond him leaving office, if he is convicted and impeached he can be banned from holding any government office.

eazybee Wed 13-Jan-21 13:25:56

They need to give serious thought as to how to disable Trump, that is, prevent him from holding any form of office, not just public office. I would imagine his monetary power is beginning to crumble, he is thought to have huge debts, and he won't be a good investment risk now. Anything to prevent him from starting up some form of media company.
They got Al Capone by the fiscal route.

Galaxy Wed 13-Jan-21 13:06:29

There used to be an obsessive one on MN, I often wondered what happened to them, I think they were a bot though.

Lucca Wed 13-Jan-21 13:04:48

Anyone on here still a trumpette ?? Is it possible ?

M0nica Wed 13-Jan-21 11:50:17

These executions remind me of the tales of the Roman Emperor Nero coating Christians in tar and burning them as flares to light the Collosseum.

Trump is a vile and degraded apology of a human being.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Jan-21 11:30:54

I hadn’t seen that monica it is utterly depressing, those poor souls.

Galaxy Wed 13-Jan-21 11:23:28

Oh I hadnt seen that Jane, that's reassuring, I was just wondering how he would tackle that issue.

janeainsworth Wed 13-Jan-21 11:21:08

Barbaric.
I saw that Joe Biden has pledged to end capital punishment at Federal level.

Galaxy Wed 13-Jan-21 11:17:21

I saw that Monica,it was horrific.

M0nica Wed 13-Jan-21 11:15:49

I see that a mentally ill woman has been executed in the last 12 hours. No Federal prisoner had been executed in 17 years until Trump ended the ban in September 2020. Since then 8 people have been executed, including today's execution and 2 more are expected to die before 20th January.

I find the way these executions have been facilitated and rushed through to beat a deadline more disgusting than the deaths and riots at the Capitol last week.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Jan-21 06:55:26

Some Republican senators are facing censure and expulsion, for aiding and abetting the seditionists.

vegansrock Wed 13-Jan-21 06:32:15

I don’t know about impeachment but he should be sectioned.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Jan-21 06:06:26

It looks as if Trump will be impeached as soon as today. There are a number of Republicans planning to vote with the democrats and the McCarthy has said that he will not ask the rank and file members to vote against the impeachment.

In my opinion they could do nothing less.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 12-Jan-21 12:46:04

Alexa

Absolutely, Biba. What with climate change, environmental degradation, covid pandemic, and extreme disparity of wealth, the world is economically and emotionally ripe for fascism.

If the unthinkable happened and the USA had a civil war and the fascists won it would reverberate throughout the world.

Terrifying thought.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 12-Jan-21 12:44:41

Witzend

I do wish mods would correct that title! It bothers me every time I see it. Even if it was the fault of autocorrect, it’s an embarrassment.

Chill?

Alexa Tue 12-Jan-21 12:30:37

Absolutely, Biba. What with climate change, environmental degradation, covid pandemic, and extreme disparity of wealth, the world is economically and emotionally ripe for fascism.

Witzend Tue 12-Jan-21 12:19:44

I do wish mods would correct that title! It bothers me every time I see it. Even if it was the fault of autocorrect, it’s an embarrassment.

paddyanne Tue 12-Jan-21 12:18:01

this has bad language but its worth a watch.Sometimes comedians hit the nail squarely on the head.
youtu.be/kJ4SSvVbhLw

janeainsworth Tue 12-Jan-21 12:13:20

WW Trump apparently still spinning lies, saying that the insurrectors were Antifa.

Yes that too.
As someone posted on Facebook, what kind of crazy would dress up as a fascist, and take part in an armed insurrection, when they had just won an election ?‍♀️