Gransnet forums

News & politics

The other title is totally out of sink- this is orchestrated fascism

(218 Posts)
biba70 Wed 06-Jan-21 21:29:06

in the USA, right not. Let's not talk about 'throwing toys out of pram'.

Never forget the armed thugs and domestic terrorists currently storming the Capitol in Washington DC, didn’t come from nowhere.
They are the end result of a carefully orchestrated strategy to destabilise the US, allowed to work by the power-greed and self-interest of politicians and media pundits, at least some of whom knew what Trump was and that his dog whistle fascism was very wrong.
There are many, many connections between Trump’s story and the people currently running the U.K. - not just similarities but the same shadowy figures, the same strategies, the same data harvesting and dark disinformation campaigns.

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Jan-21 22:08:14

Your title maybe should have said synch.

biba70 Wed 06-Jan-21 22:13:24

I do not understand what you mean. My post is clear- what is happening today is not 'throwing toys out of the pram' - it is orchestrated fascism.

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Jan-21 22:20:58

I didn’t think you meant the word ‘sink’ in your title, rather ‘synch’ an abbreviation of synchronised as opposed to something you wash in. Apologies if I am incorrect.

MawBe Wed 06-Jan-21 22:21:42

I don’t understand your first line OP
“In the USA, right, not”
(I don’t get the objection to the phrase used either at the point where the other thread was started, but let’s not talk about that.)
This is populism gone berserk, it is the culmination of the hatred seeded by Trump over the last 4 years , it is the outcome of divisive politics, of wooing the redneck vote at all costs and of one megalomaniac’s folie de grandeur
Yes, he was, yet again, “throwing his toys out of his pram”
Let’s not muddy the issue by conflating your opinion of “data harvesting” or “dark disinformation” (where anyway?)

MawBe Wed 06-Jan-21 22:23:39

Just to add , the comment about “throwing toys” ie having a strop, referred to this
Won’t do a virtual debate - should be empty chaired.

Elegran Wed 06-Jan-21 22:26:01

The other thread was started a while ago, when all he was doing was throwing his toys out of the pram and kicking off. What I would like to know is which Gransnetter poredicted thisa week or more ago, saying that something big was going to happen soon. Was that a guess, or was the planning so widespread that it was known about in the UK? Or was she posting from the US? Does anyone remember who, when and on which thread? It was ignored at the time as more Trump mania.

MawBe Wed 06-Jan-21 22:29:00

As Elegran says- 6 October.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 06-Jan-21 22:32:32

elegran yes she was in the US , or she said she was, told us to just wait and see, a few days ago.

NotSpaghetti Wed 06-Jan-21 22:37:47

I'm lost here... sorry.

But yes, Trump and the votes he attracted, in spite of his dog-whistle politics, has obviously suited plenty of people - enough at least for them to overlook how exactly he operates and the nature of a portion of his "base".

Elegran Wed 06-Jan-21 22:43:35

Found what I was looking for. Thank you for the exact words for the search, Oopsadaisy
Several posts on thread entitled "Donald Trump for peace prize" in September by NannyC2 www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/1284406-Donald-Trump-for-Peace-Prize

Peace Prize my a**e.

biba70 Wed 06-Jan-21 22:50:28

It is impossible to correct typos - so apologies. I am however totally sure you understaood exactly what I meant. What has happened today is not just 'throwing toys out of his pram.

It is a fascist coup.

MawBe Wed 06-Jan-21 22:56:12

But the thread title you are quoting (out of context) refers to events on 6 October.
A lot has happened since then.

Elegran Wed 06-Jan-21 23:04:54

The situation has escalated. The thread title was true when it started out, has been superseded now by a more drastic one. Both thread titles are or were accurate. No point arguing about their relative relevance while the tide of violence is lapping against the Capitol. Leave the deckchairs where they lie.

M0nica Wed 06-Jan-21 23:09:41

It is not a 'fascist coup' because it didn't succeed and didn't stand a snowball in hell's chance of succeeding

It was, as the police described it a riot, some thousands of people but like at Donald Trumps inauguration, numbers present were over stated, there was room for people to wander around outside, lots of empty space, even in the steps of the Capitol. If there was any real support for Trump the area outside the Capitol would have been packed solid and tens of thousands, if not 100,000 people would have been present. They weren't.

Like any would-be tin-pot despot, Trump has a hard core of supporters almost as stupid as he is, but while today's events bring nothing but shame on the country, the real loser is Trump himself, who made himself alaughing stock and alienated many people who had, until today, supported him.

Callistemon Wed 06-Jan-21 23:10:50

It's not a coup and I hope there will not be one.

A coup is the overthrow of a government by illegal and violent means.
As Biden has not yet been sworn in and these protestors were Trump supporters, it was a protest.

Callistemon Wed 06-Jan-21 23:11:22

X post M0nica

M0nica Wed 06-Jan-21 23:14:30

*Callistemon, you were making an entirely different point with which I agree.

Elegran Wed 06-Jan-21 23:15:06

Treating him as a laughing stock is probably the best way to react. Sorting out the reasons for the unrest that gave him a chance to act as he did would be another good way forward. Show the dissatisfied that there are people in power who DO care about them.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 06-Jan-21 23:15:54

It was insurrection which is a serious incident incited by Trump.

Callistemon Wed 06-Jan-21 23:17:59

Whitewavemark2

It was insurrection which is a serious incident incited by Trump.

Yes, protest was the wrong word to use.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 06-Jan-21 23:24:46

I wish I could do links.

Elizabeth was upset because she got mace’d and said I only set foot into the building, I was trying to join the revolution??????

Callistemon Wed 06-Jan-21 23:28:24

mobile.twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/1346951525084512257

Farmor15 Wed 06-Jan-21 23:31:27

If you heard Jon Sopel on BBC news it was not a minor protest. They prevented the ratification of Biden and Jon suggested Biden’s inauguration on 20th Jan might be in doubt.

Callistemon Wed 06-Jan-21 23:32:10

And there was me thing that mace was that aromatic stuff which you get on the outside of nutmeg and use in cooking.