Gransnet forums

News & politics

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner don’t let their Secret Service security team use their WCs.

(35 Posts)
NotSpaghetti Fri 15-Jan-21 09:33:20

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner apparently don’t let the people protecting them using any of their seven toilets. At one point they had to put a portaloo on the pavement outside their house.
Then the neighbours complained.

Eventually the agents came up with a solution and rented a basement with a loo across the road from the Trump/Kushner house. This has cost over $100,000 since September 2017.

You couldn’t make it up.

Dinahmo Sat 16-Jan-21 22:09:38

It's quite likely that some of the secret service were black.

They are already getting their comeuppance. They have spent $30 million on a piece of land on "Bunkers Island" which is apparently very exclusive. It also has bylaws which ensure that owners cannot have their property taken away to settle debts in cases of bankruptcy. Anyway, their neighbours won't have anything to do with them.

Callistemon Sat 16-Jan-21 23:02:55

Sarnia

I read somewhere that when the Trump clan took over from Barack & Michelle Obama, they insisted on the loo seats being replaced. Might not be true but I wouldn't mind betting it is.

In mitigation, I thought everyone did that when they moved into a house unless it was a new build?

Surely it's one of the first things you do?

Callistemon Sat 16-Jan-21 23:05:22

Not that I have any time for them whatsoever but changing the loo seats and the oven or having it cleaned is normal?
Isn't it?

MayBee70 Sat 16-Jan-21 23:07:17

Dinahmo

It's quite likely that some of the secret service were black.

They are already getting their comeuppance. They have spent $30 million on a piece of land on "Bunkers Island" which is apparently very exclusive. It also has bylaws which ensure that owners cannot have their property taken away to settle debts in cases of bankruptcy. Anyway, their neighbours won't have anything to do with them.

My first thought was that it reminded me of the servants in The Help not being allowed to use the white peoples toilets.....

Alexa Tue 19-Jan-21 10:01:02

Prudes are small- minded.

eazybee Tue 19-Jan-21 10:20:42

I expect in the forthcoming weeks there will be many more interesting revelations to enjoy.

Teacheranne Tue 19-Jan-21 12:39:34

I had no problem with the decorators working at my Mums empty house ( renovation work by insurance company after water leak)using the bathroom. Bot I did have a problem when, after they after used all the stored toilet rolls, they started on the kitchen towel - and blocked the toilet which I had to get in plumbers to sort out!

Witzend Tue 19-Jan-21 12:52:00

I don’t know what you’re all complaining about - it’s well known that Trump family wees are liquid honey-scented ambrosia and their poos smell only of violets (designer brand scent obviously).
Of course they don’t want Ordinary People (who may well be poor, too! ? ) contaminating their loos, or ‘rest rooms’ as I dare say they’re known there.

varian Tue 19-Jan-21 13:08:56

Apparently Trump was shocked to discover that so many of his supporters are "low class".

Actually that was why they supported him. They recognised him as a kindred spirit.

Even in America, where money seems to count for more than anything else, Trump and his family are considered to be utterly crude and vulgar. Their behaviour has put them all completely beyond the pale.