Duke of Edinburgh admitted to hospital.

(263 Posts)
merlotgran Wed 17-Feb-21 14:29:12

Last night after feeling unwell.

Fingers crossed for him.

Alegrias1 Tue 23-Feb-21 17:13:00

Yes miss. Sorry miss. grin

Smileless2012 Tue 23-Feb-21 17:13:13

No one would know or care if a 99 year old relative of ours was ill in hospital. I don't see anything undignified in people showing their concern, wishing PP well and wondering what's wrong with him.

NellG Tue 23-Feb-21 17:14:46

merlotgran

Could PP have sepsis?

He has been in hospital for a week, is being treated for an infection and will remain in hospital for several more days.

Sounds more serious than a UTI.

I don't know Merlot, but any illness at such an age is likely to take its toll. Lets hope he makes a good recovery and can get home.

Alegrias1 Tue 23-Feb-21 17:17:52

Smileless2012

No one would know or care if a 99 year old relative of ours was ill in hospital. I don't see anything undignified in people showing their concern, wishing PP well and wondering what's wrong with him.

But we own the DoE, along with all the rest of the family, don't we, so we can publicly discuss his urinary tract on the internet.

Summerlove Tue 23-Feb-21 17:21:11

merlotgran

Stop being so bloody bossy

Hilarious.

So it’s not OK to speculate on prince Phillips health, but it’s perfectly OK to speculate on anything to do with other members of the royal family? Or just ones that you dislike?

Alegrias1 Tue 23-Feb-21 17:27:37

Sorry Summerlove, I have no idea what that means.... confused

Smileless2012 Tue 23-Feb-21 17:29:28

"But we own the DoE" do we? I haven't seen anyone claim ownership of the DofE Alegrias, and what does your 'response' to the post of mine you quoted, have to do with what I actually said?

NellG Tue 23-Feb-21 17:32:22

Summerlove

merlotgran

Stop being so bloody bossy

Hilarious.

So it’s not OK to speculate on prince Phillips health, but it’s perfectly OK to speculate on anything to do with other members of the royal family? Or just ones that you dislike?

It's perfectly alright to speculate on anyone in the public eye I think, as long as you're not libelling them. Take concern, curiosity and speculation out of any conversation and there's not much left to say. It just becomes a series of sound bites, not a forum.

I saw no harm intended.

Alegrias1 Tue 23-Feb-21 17:42:36

The Palace have released a certain amount of information about the DoE, presumably as much as they want us to know. Whoever a person is, whether they are a private or a public figure, I find it very distasteful to speculate on the details of their health publicly, for anyone to read, if those details have not been made public. I wouldn't want anyone to talk about me, or any member of my family in this way. Especially someone I haven't met.

Speculating on the detailed nature of a person's illness when those details have not be made public is very distasteful in my opinion. That is not being concerned for their health, its intrusive, although probably unintentionally so. In my opinion.

Anniebach Tue 23-Feb-21 17:55:54

I do not own anyone so saying ‘we own the Duke’ is untrue

Smileless2012 Tue 23-Feb-21 17:56:11

Well we're all entitled to our opinions aren't we.

merlotgran Tue 23-Feb-21 18:37:15

Smileless2012

Well we're all entitled to our opinions aren't we.

Possibly not - unless you're the high priestess of the opinionated.