News & politics

More Nuclear Warheads?

(30 Posts)
NotSpaghetti Tue 16-Mar-21 16:33:55

I feel very very negative about this.
Not surprised though.
Saddened.

trisher Tue 16-Mar-21 16:13:51

There's a little thing called the Non Proliferation Treaty we signed. It says among other things
Declaring their intention to achieve at the earliest possible date the cessation of the nuclear arms race and to undertake effective measures in the direction of nuclear disarmament,

Urging the co-operation of all States in the attainment of this objective,

Desiring to further the easing of international tension and the strengthening of trust between States in order to facilitate the cessation of the manufacture of nuclear weapons, the liquidation of all their existing stockpiles, and the elimination from national arsenals of nuclear weapons and the means of their delivery pursuant to a Treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control,
What a bunch of liars and morons!!!

Alegrias1 Tue 16-Mar-21 16:04:32

I'm just surprised that there isn't more on the news/social media about this. Maybe later once the TV news has got hold of it. Its just unbelievable. They really have no idea how to run a country in the 21st century, do they?

MaizieD Tue 16-Mar-21 15:49:56

I think it's extraordinarily ungrateful of Johnson to portray Russia as Public Enemy No 1 as it was the Russians who helped massively to put hum where he is now...

I can't imagine why anyone should think that anyone needs more nuclear weaponry in this day and age, I thought we were more civilised than that. I though we were progressing, albeit rather slowly, towards nuclear disarmament. I am absolutely horrified at this development.

But then, I suppose it's really just a big willy waving gesture on the part of our macho government.

Ilovecheese Tue 16-Mar-21 14:07:31

Is the pandemic not enough? Do we really need more chances to kill ourselves? It is not just our Government I know, but do we really want this?
What about "the magic money tree" is this a good use of its fruit?