Gransnet forums

News & politics

Brexit, legal threats and the vaccine

(58 Posts)
mokryna Thu 18-Mar-21 12:50:35

This is one of many examples
PRAGUE, Feb 25 (Reuters) - France will provide 100,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine to the Czech Republic by mid-March, Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis told CTK news agency on Thursday.

The Czech Republic has been struggling with resurgent COVID-19 pandemic in the past weeks, ranking among the worst-hit countries in the world in terms of infections and deaths from the global pandemic. (Reporting by Robert Muller; Editing by Alison Williams)

mokryna Thu 18-Mar-21 12:39:56

Did anyone watch Good morning Britain this morning when a scientist explained how much the EU is doing to supply Canada and Australia, commonwealth, as well as other countries in need, he was not listened to.

Pantglas2 Thu 18-Mar-21 12:34:03

I really can’t be ars3d with all this politicking- I have friends, older than me in their late sixties and seventies, living in Spain and Greece who haven’t even been offered their first injections yet.

Absolute disgrace when little Wales has delivered enough jabs to cover almost half it’s 3.2 million population.

JenniferEccles Thu 18-Mar-21 12:31:43

With the benefit of hindsight I wonder how many of those who voted to remain, are now actually relieved that we have left?

JenniferEccles Thu 18-Mar-21 12:27:12

I can’t be the only one who suspects the EU’s days are numbered.

Their ongoing behaviour around the vaccines demonstrates exactly the sort of behaviour and attitude that those of us who voted to leave were so delighted to escape.

Sarnia Thu 18-Mar-21 12:25:19

The EU come across as sulking over Brexit and trying to deflect attention from themselves and their own snail's pace in ordering the vaccine. In their skewed logic any country who has a vaccine programme up and running effectively is a fair target to put a spanner in the works. Talk of taking over vaccine production factories and blocking deliveries to the UK is bordering on deranged. If this is the EU then I am glad we are out of it and I wouldn't be surprised to see other EU countries in the not too distant future taking a leaf out of our book.

Firecracker123 Thu 18-Mar-21 11:57:36

Wow an interesting read. Thanks.

Blossoming Thu 18-Mar-21 11:44:18

Interesting piece in The Spectator.

www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-eu-s-jab-snatching-legal-ruse-is-absurd