Gransnet forums

News & politics

Can I opt out of contributing to the new royal yacht and put my bit into the NHS please

(110 Posts)
NotSpaghetti Sun 02-May-21 12:21:05

Oops! *often

NotSpaghetti Sun 02-May-21 12:20:51

Sorry Callistemon, I know you pointed this out but ofyen people don't bother reading links.

NotSpaghetti Sun 02-May-21 12:19:28

Apparently the Queen doesn't want it.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 02-May-21 11:48:43

No money for the nurses apparently.

Not a good look is it?

No worries. Boris loves being popular, so I’m sure the reaction will se him beat a hasty retreat.

What a fool he is.

Purplepixie Sun 02-May-21 11:44:58

It is the last thing we need right now and as someone said, I doubt if the royal family want it either. I would gladly put my share into the wonderful NHS. Has Boris forgot that he had Covid and the best treatment to get better with the NHS? He should be giving them the money and not putting it towards another barmy idea.

Callistemon Sun 02-May-21 11:40:21

The Royal Family may agree with you

royalcentral.co.uk/uk/buckingham-palace-displeased-about-suggestions-of-a-new-royal-yacht-in-prince-philips-name-159130/

Katie59 Sun 02-May-21 11:38:50

Downing Street has not denied the reports, with a spokesperson saying: "The prime minister has an exciting vision for shipbuilding in this country and is committed to making the UK a shipbuilding superpower.

When we become a “Shipbuilding Superpower” maybe we can afford it.
As that is pie in the sky, so is a Royal Yacht

hulahoop Sun 02-May-21 11:36:30

It's a disgusting waste of money when people are using food banks and many losing their homes !

trisher Sun 02-May-21 11:31:28

We truly are entering the world of corruption and division when £200million can be spent on a yacht and yet there isn't enough money to give poor children a decent meal.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 02-May-21 11:24:05

This could not come at a worse time imo