Gransnet forums

News & politics

Death of man “rescued” from hospital by anti vaccine covid deniers.

(12 Posts)
Grannynannywanny Sat 25-Sep-21 09:56:24

I read this morning that a 73 year old man, acutely ill with covid in an Irish hospital, was persuaded and assisted to leave the hospital. His anti vaccination covid denier friends convinced him to remove his oxygen mask and leave. He was so seriously ill that his medical team had discussed transferring him to ICU to go on a ventilator.

His departure from the hospital was filmed by his idiot friends. Doctors can be heard trying to persuade him to stay while his “friend” persuades him he will be killed if he remains.

His condition deteriorated at home and he was re admitted to ICU and has sadly died.

I hope those responsible for removing him from hospital will be prosecuted.

Elegran Sat 25-Sep-21 10:22:29

I'd like to read/see that direct, Grannynannywanny Could you please post a link to it? I believe the report is said to be in the Irish Times, but I can't find it there.

Grannynannywanny Sat 25-Sep-21 10:24:45

I’ll go back and see if I can find it Elegran.

nanna8 Sat 25-Sep-21 10:27:27

If this is true then his friends should be charged with manslaughter.

Elegran Sat 25-Sep-21 10:31:23

I have found the piece. It was published on 17th September and doesn't mention that he died, only that he was back in hospital, seriously ill again. ( One third of Covid patients who ate ill enough to be in hospital die.) Do you have the definitive source of your statement that he died, Grannynannywanny?

www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-donegal-man-rescued-by-anti-vaxxers-back-in-hospital-1.4677156

www.irishpost.com/news/family-of-ill-donegal-man-taken-from-hospital-while-suffering-from-covid-19-condemn-those-who-removed-him-220481

Callistemon Sat 25-Sep-21 10:32:20

www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-patient-who-left-letterkenny-hospital-and-later-returned-has-died-1.4683189

Grannynannywanny Sat 25-Sep-21 10:35:00

www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-patient-who-left-letterkenny-hospital-and-later-returned-has-died-1.4683189

There are several news reports of it online. Sadly it’s true. I read a police presence was required at the hospital to prevent the idiot friends coming back to remove another patient. Also to protect the staff who were being subjected to abuse.

Elegran Sat 25-Sep-21 10:40:45

www.donegaldaily.com/2021/09/16/hospital-fury-after-covid-patient-removed-against-medical-advice/

Sheer ignorance, gullibility, hysteria and arrogance. Why the do they think that doctors and nurses are working until they drop? They are trying to SAVE lives, not "killing people without consent"

Esspee Sat 25-Sep-21 10:48:58

They ought to be prosecuted.

Zoejory Sat 25-Sep-21 10:50:24

I'm sure there's something they could be charged with. What on earth did they think they were doing? Will they change their deranged minds now?

Luckygirl Sat 25-Sep-21 10:51:57

Conviction for manslaughter is entirely appropriate.

Grannynannywanny Sat 25-Sep-21 11:01:54

The man who orchestrated it and filmed himself in the 15 min video clip claims to be acting under “common law” He threatened the medical staff who had been looking after the man and said they would be held accountable. He talked over them and told the covid patient he had to leave the hospital “before they f* kill you”