Gransnet forums

News & politics

If you have written to your MP, have they replied?

(55 Posts)
JaneJudge Sat 25-Sep-21 22:43:50

No political bias

Mine just ignores everyone in our constituency even if we rely on support of very personal issues

Is this now normal?

How do we get a response or service?

MamaCaz Sun 26-Sep-21 20:38:53

Yes.
I might not agree with her politics, but Andrea Leadsom quickly replied to a query I sent her, and also forwarded it to a higher authority for a more informed answer.

I know several people who have only resolved difficult issues thanks to her intervention.

At a local level, she certainly seems to pull her weight.

Petera Sun 26-Sep-21 20:47:11

lemsip

Petera well he and his colleagues must get thousands of letters from all over the country so can't be expected to even see them.......secretaries take care of those that get through of course.

They took the the time - twice - to write back to me to tell me they weren't going to write back to me

JaneJudge Sun 26-Sep-21 20:53:21

MamaCaz

Yes.
I might not agree with her politics, but Andrea Leadsom quickly replied to a query I sent her, and also forwarded it to a higher authority for a more informed answer.

I know several people who have only resolved difficult issues thanks to her intervention.

At a local level, she certainly seems to pull her weight.

That's good

I've not been rude or political pr personal in my letters fwiw

EVERYONE I know just gets no response. It just seems such a waste of taxpayers money to even have this MP angry

Grannybags Sun 26-Sep-21 20:58:23

Yes. Our Conservative MP is very good at getting things done at a local level. He does things all the time not just when there's an election coming