Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Johnson a "bad-luck" politician/Prime Minister?

(147 Posts)
PippaZ Thu 30-Sep-21 10:04:11

It's something I have begun to wonder about. I know someone will explain that we make our own luck but that might be more worrying because it is spilling onto the electorate.

Have we had "lucky" and "unlucky" PMs or is it just an outcome of how they prepare and cover all possibilities?

MayBee70 Mon 04-Oct-21 23:53:43

They’re saying tonight that they always told us that things would get so much worse before they would get better and that the shortage of lorry drivers and petrol is a good thing. And people are being trained up as we speak to fill all the gaps. Or am I misunderstanding what they’re telling us?

M0nica Tue 05-Oct-21 06:51:47

You are right MayBee70 that is what they are telling us and they obviously think we are stupid enough to believe them, which is probabaly the bigger insult.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Oct-21 07:57:32

The problem that Johnson has is that everything is now beginning to directly affect us, so his lies are no longer sufficient to get him over the next bit of difficulty.

Hetty58 Tue 05-Oct-21 08:14:46

Unforgiveable delays and mishandling of the pandemic, sending infected people into care homes - and our atrocious death toll - will be his legacy.

A total bumbling fool, an embarrassment - we must be the laughing stock of the Western world!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Oct-21 08:20:58

Gosh on radio 4 he is lying again.

Wages are not going up in fact Year on year they are falling.

M0nica Tue 05-Oct-21 14:41:51

I listened to the interview with Boris Johnson this morning, it was cringmaking, that someone who is meant to lead this country and represent us on the international stage should come over as such a blabbering, figuratively, drooling idiot.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Oct-21 14:48:21

M0nica

I listened to the interview with Boris Johnson this morning, it was cringmaking, that someone who is meant to lead this country and represent us on the international stage should come over as such a blabbering, figuratively, drooling idiot.

Well said

MayBee70 Tue 05-Oct-21 14:51:48

He’s still refusing to be interviewed on ITV. Frit…..

ayse Tue 05-Oct-21 15:06:59

MayBee70

They’re saying tonight that they always told us that things would get so much worse before they would get better and that the shortage of lorry drivers and petrol is a good thing. And people are being trained up as we speak to fill all the gaps. Or am I misunderstanding what they’re telling us?

Saw a haulier on BBC this morning saying he had recruited staff but there was no training available at the moment!

rosie1959 Tue 05-Oct-21 15:12:44

MayBee70

He’s still refusing to be interviewed on ITV. Frit…..

I happen to have catched Alister Campbell on Good Morning Britain this morning I am not at all surprised Johnson refuses to be interviewed by him even his co host appeared embarrassed

MayBee70 Tue 05-Oct-21 15:25:46

He’s refused to be interviewed in ITV for over 4 years. I don’t think Campbell has been on GMB fir that like. Can you think up another excuse for him.

rosie1959 Tue 05-Oct-21 15:34:06

MayBee70

He’s refused to be interviewed in ITV for over 4 years. I don’t think Campbell has been on GMB fir that like. Can you think up another excuse for him.

Not giving an excuse MayBee just my personal reason why I think he has refused don’t think anyone could think of Good Morning Britain as a serious news program more entertainment value

Alegrias1 Tue 05-Oct-21 15:36:35

MayBee70

Can I just say MayBee70, very sincerely, you've been on top form lately ?

MayBee70 Tue 05-Oct-21 15:43:14

Entertainment value? From a PM who spends most of his time dressing up in silly costumes wearing silly hats doing silly photo shoots….

rosie1959 Tue 05-Oct-21 15:45:07

Perhaps Maybee he will make your day and appear on GMB but don't hold your breath

MayBee70 Tue 05-Oct-21 15:52:00

Alegrias1

MayBee70

Thanks. I’m just furious at the moment, especially as my grandson now has covid. Sick of people making excuses for a government and a PM that are incompetent and untruthful.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Oct-21 16:23:04

Alegrias1

MayBee70

Here here?

rosie1959 Tue 05-Oct-21 16:26:31

Whoops forgot the GN narrative

Alegrias1 Tue 05-Oct-21 16:32:40

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, so If I have, I apologise. I'm sure someone will put me right.

If a couple of posters complimenting another poster makes you feel there is a plot afoot, that's a real shame.

rosie1959 Tue 05-Oct-21 16:44:56

That was tongue in cheek Algrais I put forward a reason Johnson had not been on GNB and suddenly I am making excuses for him
But just reading through many of the political threads I can see a trend perhaps others can't must just be me

MayBee70 Tue 05-Oct-21 16:54:30

I like to think that Algerias1 and myself support what people on gransnet say regardless of their political beliefs if we agree with what they’re saying. And, by the same token be critical of something that we feel is wrong. I’ve always said that, if the Conservatives and the PM do something that I think is good I’ll praise them for it. For what it’s worth, rosie, Alegrias1 and I have a history of disagreeing with each on on some subjects.

Alegrias1 Tue 05-Oct-21 16:55:47

Then I apologise if I misunderstood your post.

Or maybe I didn't.

I can't keep up, honestly

Alegrias1 Tue 05-Oct-21 16:57:28

That to rosie1959

I would say thanks MayBee70, but I'm so confused now and worried about how that will be interpreted by third parties....grin

lemongrove Tue 05-Oct-21 17:03:53

vegansrock

Who goes for a run in a white office shirt and office type shoes?

Answer....anyone who wants to?
It’s not the dictatorship yet that some posters would have us believe.
Johnson ( and Father and family) are all eccentric.There’s room for that, I think, actually that’s what makes the so called red wall like him ( and he knows that.)

rosie1959 Tue 05-Oct-21 17:05:54

No harm intended I tend to mostly keep off anything political especially the last few days as its not worth the hassle I only replied to this as I was quite shocked regarding GMB this morning I had the feeling Alistair Campbell wanted to call Boris a very rude word begining with C but as he said he is not allowed to use it I am no prude and can cuss as well as most
I usually only turn over when BBC has the sport on but got more than I bargained for