Gransnet forums

News & politics

Little Arthur

(291 Posts)
Sallywally1 Thu 02-Dec-21 20:17:05

Harrowing story and parent/step parent found guilty.

Hopefully the sentence will be appropriate.

I cannot watch the video, too awful. That poor mite.

tickingbird Tue 14-Dec-21 12:52:35

Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t think we were in lockdown through the summer and Autumn of 2020. I believe we went back into lockdown in December. It’s no excuse either way but I agree about concerns for children during the lockdowns because I often sat and wondered about the children in abusive environments and how lockdown would exacerbate their suffering.

Maybe it’s time the clinically vulnerable, elderly, unvaccinated et al were the only ones locking down in any future measures?

tickingbird Tue 14-Dec-21 13:01:48

Shinsmae More abject failings by the so called professionals. This baby had two healing leg fractures and a healed or healing skull fracture!! Any hospital check would have revealed those injuries. Something really does have to be done about the failings in child protection services in this country.

Shinamae Tue 14-Dec-21 13:08:31

tickingbird

Shinsmae More abject failings by the so called professionals. This baby had two healing leg fractures and a healed or healing skull fracture!! Any hospital check would have revealed those injuries. Something really does have to be done about the failings in child protection services in this country.

But apparently a doctor had checked Star over for bruising and didn’t raise any concerns about it, Quite willing to accept the excuses the mother gave for her having the bruises..

tickingbird Tue 14-Dec-21 13:52:03

Like the paediatrician that ‘checked’ Baby P but didn’t realise he had a broken back!

Chestnut Tue 14-Dec-21 13:56:55

tickingbird

Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t think we were in lockdown through the summer and Autumn of 2020. I believe we went back into lockdown in December. It’s no excuse either way but I agree about concerns for children during the lockdowns because I often sat and wondered about the children in abusive environments and how lockdown would exacerbate their suffering.

Maybe it’s time the clinically vulnerable, elderly, unvaccinated et al were the only ones locking down in any future measures?

The whole covid period has been stressful for everyone and people were getting wound up. Even now it appears they are very abusive and angry all the time. There are many more violent attacks on shop staff, Police and others working with the public. The virus has affected society in general so these horrible people will become even more aggressive and angry, and the poor little mites living with them are paying the price.

MissAdventure Tue 14-Dec-21 13:59:31

I don't think lockdown could drive the most bad tempered parent to break their childs legs and then film them trying to walk.
That takes a special kind of psychopath.

Oldwoman70 Tue 14-Dec-21 14:32:52

I don't understand how social services could dismiss 5 different reports of abuse of little Star. There were reports from grandparents, great grandparents, the child's father and friends yet all were dismissed.

If it was one person reporting then just maybe it could be considered malicious but with so many people raising concerns you would think social services would have taken them seriously.

No doubt there will be an enquiry, "lessons will be learned" and nothing will change.

TerriBull Tue 14-Dec-21 14:58:19

So soon after the horror of little Arthur, seeing baby Star with an enormous bruise on her cheek, just heart breaking. RIP all the innocent souls at the mercy of monsters, such wretched short lives, battered and bruised when they all deserved to be cared for and loved.

MayBee70 Tue 14-Dec-21 16:00:16

It just crossed my mind that the police and social workers were swayed by the fact that the murderers of both Arthur and Star were attractive looking people who lived in neat, tidy homes. I’ve been horrified listening to the details of the case, especially as someone trying to protect the little girl was regarded as malicious.

tickingbird Tue 14-Dec-21 16:08:43

The picture of the bruise covering the whole of that child’s cheek is horrendous. Yet again, sw’s being gullible and believing deceitful ‘care givers’. This child has abdominal injuries caused by severe blows or stamping! Horrific. There’s a video of the sadistic partner training with a punchbag in a gym. Like a powerful man! Apparently the mother has a very low IQ. All the more reason for her to be sterilised then. She’ll go on to have more children.

TerriBull Tue 14-Dec-21 16:44:55

Once again grandparents and extended family contacted social services with concerns, great grandad even said something along the lines of "we don't want another BabyP here" it seems all that was dismissed as malicious meddling, but there were so many who raised alarms. Grandparents in most cases have the best interests of any grandchild close to their heart, just wonder why it seems so often they are dismissed.

MissAdventure Tue 14-Dec-21 18:19:30

I think it's time to remember to put the child first.
Too much focus on the "parents" if these poor little souls.
Find out if the child is ok first, then support whatever is needed to ensure they are kept safe.

Kate1949 Tue 14-Dec-21 18:39:01

Poor beautiful Star.

Calistemon Tue 14-Dec-21 18:40:40

Star Hobson died in Sep 2020 so it looks like she was another victim of lockdown.

No, she wasn't.
Lockdown was a factor but she was the victim of a psychopathic torture and murderer.

Just horrendous.

As DH said just now: "Lessons will be learned? It's like a stuck record".

Sweetpeasue Tue 14-Dec-21 19:13:52

MissAdventure

Filming the results of their abuse.
What in the actual f"@$! is wrong with these abominations of humanity?!!!!

My feelings too*MissAdventure * So angry. I feel sickened at these people. Why the hell do they have children?