Gransnet forums

News & politics

Carrie has given birth to a little girl

(249 Posts)
25Avalon Thu 09-Dec-21 10:19:16

Boris and Carrie have just announced the birth of a daughter. No further news yet.

WhiteRabbit57 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:37:18

The best "Dead Cat" ever!

nanna8 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:40:34

Whoever or whatever he might be it is always good to have a new baby and I hope the young child brings them joy and happiness. One of the world’s privileged children.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:40:34

Every new life is a joyous occasion.

Flipping heck, this wee newborn is not responsible for the deeds of its parents…

Lexisgranny Thu 09-Dec-21 10:40:52

Some of the remarks following the safe birth of a child on this page say so much more about the author than the subject.

Anniebach Thu 09-Dec-21 10:43:02

A new life, welcome to the world little one

Whitewavemark2 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:43:20

You are reading stuff into my posts that doesn’t exist.

My argument is with Johnson and his ilk.

Ask Johnson’s mature children what sort of father he is.

Frankly I feel extremely sorry for the child being born into such a dysfunctional family.

GillT57 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:43:38

I wish the baby happiness and good health as I would wish any child, she didn't choose her parents. As for the parents, I will withhold comment to avoid inflaming the more emotional members of GN.

Rosalyn69 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:45:27

Bury the bad news.

Maudi Thu 09-Dec-21 10:45:46

The birth of any wanted baby is something to celebrate, I wonder what her name will be, any suggestions?

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 10:50:16

I refuse to read all through this disgusting thread. A woman has had a new baby girl, that’s lovely news. Posters who have written nasty comments should be ashamed of themselves. Where’s your solidarity with another woman? Don’t put all that on another thread if you can’t be nice about a new mother and baby.
Congratulations Carrie, well done. A beautiful baby girl.

Lucca Thu 09-Dec-21 10:51:31

Sparklefizz

What nasty bitchy comments on this thread about the birth of a new baby.

Nothing bitchy at all. ( if there’s nothing bitchy on the M and H threads then it’s the same here ….)
It’s just very hard for people to switch from the outrage they feel to wholehearted joy.
Obviously the safe arrival of any baby is lovely.

Rosalyn69 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:52:31

I’m not sure someone having a baby is national news. Of course it’s nice for her but it’s nice for every woman.
Solidarity with another woman?

Alegrias1 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:54:32

luluaugust

I also wish mother and baby well her timing is immaculate. I think a little paternity leave might be in order.

I'm sorry, but when I saw immaculate, and given its nearly Christmas, I did think...

but even Johnson doesn't have that high an opinion of himself.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:54:38

Does your solidarity extend to those women whose abortion was paid for by Johnson?

Oldnproud Thu 09-Dec-21 10:57:55

Whitewavemark2

Was it induced?

Happy coincidence.

I had just said exactly the same to DH grin

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 11:00:26

maddyone

I refuse to read all through this disgusting thread. A woman has had a new baby girl, that’s lovely news. Posters who have written nasty comments should be ashamed of themselves. Where’s your solidarity with another woman? Don’t put all that on another thread if you can’t be nice about a new mother and baby.
Congratulations Carrie, well done. A beautiful baby girl.

maddyone you take the words right out of my mouth and I so wish the happy News items could be separated from the Politics on GN; though we got exactly the same nasty comments on the Meghan's baby thread. Disdain abounds.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 09-Dec-21 11:00:54

Whitewavemark2

Does your solidarity extend to those women whose abortion was paid for by Johnson?

I feel for any woman who decides to have a termination, her body, her decision and not an any easy one to make.

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 11:01:26

Alegrias1

luluaugust

I also wish mother and baby well her timing is immaculate. I think a little paternity leave might be in order.

I'm sorry, but when I saw immaculate, and given its nearly Christmas, I did think...

but even Johnson doesn't have that high an opinion of himself.

grin

Will she be called Angel?

jaylucy Thu 09-Dec-21 11:02:04

Fair enough that he wants to keep his family life private but surely, just a small announcement would do ?
I had actually forgotten that he was married tbh as his wife obviously doesn't check him over before he walks out the door - he always looks as if he's dressed in a hurry !

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 11:02:16

Maudi

The birth of any wanted baby is something to celebrate, I wonder what her name will be, any suggestions?

I think it will be something flowery, hippyish?

JenniferEccles Thu 09-Dec-21 11:03:32

I am shocked to read such nasty comments, especially in response to such a joyous occasion as the birth of a baby.

I can understand the anger over the latest possible shenanigans, but this thread is about a happy event, the birth of a baby which I am sure will be much loved by her parents.

Congratulations to them both.

Shelflife Thu 09-Dec-21 11:05:48

The safe delivery of any child is a blessing!

gillgran Thu 09-Dec-21 11:07:31

I'm pleased to wish the new baby girl good health & much happiness.
I look forward to hearing her name(s).
Nice to have some good news.

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 11:07:47

Whitewavemark2

If that’s what those women wanted, yes it does. I believe in a woman’s right to choose.

Boz Thu 09-Dec-21 11:09:08

To be nasty about a newborn baby is terrible. What has that child done to deserve it. Bad form.